Best Sub $30 purchase?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Promate Raven Mask from the get wet store on Amazon. Fits just like the Sherwood Rona, yet $40.00 cheaper

While not yet being able to actually try it out yet, I just picked up a BP carry handle (bolts to the two top holes on a plate)....

A back up BCD knife or line cutter would be a good investment as a stocking stuffer. Divers are always losing them (based on how many I find). I like the idea of a customizable regulator mouth piece, a good fit will relax your jaw and reduce gas consumption (it surprised me how much). A finger spool, SMB and a mirror in a mesh bag can bought pretty cheap. Signal whistles are also good. If you have your own boat, a throw line would be a smart investment. A tank light for night diving or small back-up light can also be had pretty cheap. Recharge able batteries for cameras or lights are things that you might think about, currently I only have enough battery life in my video camera for about an hour in the water.

how reliable is the capture mechanism? seem to have longevity to it? I have the mag version, but not liking it around my compass, particularly in storage (not really a problem when diving).

I've been using them for a while and have noticed a couple of things. Once the O-ring holding the prongs together slipped down and had to be pulled back up. Not sure how that happened but it had to be something I did. Once I tried to force the knob into the socket (underwater and not paying attention) and broke one of the prongs.

As long as you don't force it if it is badly aligned they work perfectly for me. They hold tightly but release without undue force. I don't want any magnets in my kit anywhere.

That Trilobite line cutter is a great idea. Great tool, but doesn't last long. Even spare blades would work.
Cave line was a good suggestion too.

Sticky Velcro tape. I use it to personalize my cookies and arrows. Much easier than drilling or filing, and very easy to feel in zero viz.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom