Best Sub $30 purchase?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wrist slate, about 10USD. There's just so much you can say using hand signs, and the wrist slate doesn't dangle like those clip-on slates do. Also, its's always there, I don't have to dig through my DS pockets to find any wetnotes (which always are at the bottom, and unless secured with a double-ender to a bungee loop I'll lose them when I pull out my dSMB).

I've replaced that velcro fastening thing with bungee, though.

Wrist-Slate_AC2061_Angle-View.jpg

Reactions: D_B
Trilobite line cutter, XS Scuba weight pockets, milk crate (under seat gear bin).....

The best one though for me was my $25 garage sale regulator set (SP MK-10 & 109 second)...

Para cord for SMB/flag spools. The QD Hose Holder: QD Hose Holder

Para cord for SMB/flag spools. The QD Hose Holder: QD Hose Holder
I got a magnetic one a few months ago. Hasn't been a problem for me. Although, I'm not in the habit of holding my compass down at my waistline when I read it, either...

Witz case for my eye glasses. Just clip them to your dive bag and they are protected from everything up to a dropped tank.

lens-locker-action.jpg

Storker, $10 for that slate is a good price. I think I paid close to $20 for one that looks identical.

Most useful cheap items? Bolt snaps, bungee, old bike inner tube (free!) herman's Mk5/10 tool, small dry bag for the boat.

Wrist slate, about 10USD. There's just so much you can say using hand signs, and the wrist slate doesn't dangle like those clip-on slates do. Also, its's always there, I don't have to dig through my DS pockets to find any wetnotes (which always are at the bottom, and unless secured with a double-ender to a bungee loop I'll lose them when I pull out my dSMB).

I've replaced that velcro fastening thing with bungee, though.

Wrist-Slate_AC2061_Angle-View.jpg

seen some nice mods where a Sheerwater has been mounted on the top "page". Like the idea!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom