Best Sub $30 purchase?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vented ear plugs. I've had problems with my ears getting infected from water, even when using ear beer and other supposed remedies. But I haven't had problem one since getting the ear plugs. Won't dive without them anymore.
Do you use Doc's Earplugs?

The QD Hose Holder: QD Hose Holder

how reliable is the capture mechanism? seem to have longevity to it? I have the mag version, but not liking it around my compass, particularly in storage (not really a problem when diving).

Yes. Love them. Like I said, haven't had any ear problems since I started using them. If you get some, make sure you get the right size.
Your post reminded me that I needed to order a sizing kit from them. :)

Why is it better? I need to add another to my collection,
It rolls up tight. It has three ways to inflate. I find it very easy to get it upright on the surface and it doesn't seem to collect water in the bladder like some open bottom SMBs that I have used in the past. And it holds the air. I liked it so much I bought a second for reserve and got Eric one at the same time. He tried it for the first time last week and wished he had gotten one sooner.

The description says that it has lead weights in it to hold it vertical? How much weight, and does that really help?

The description says that it has lead weights in it to hold it vertical? How much weight, and does that really help?
The lead weights at the bottom probably do little to hold it vertical. They are more useful to hold the edges slightly apart to allow air to enter the tube. I deploy at depth through the open bottom using a regulator so will slightly bend the lead to hold the bottom open. After use you can press the lead back flat when you are ready to roll it back up. To hold vertical at the surface I just have to apply slight downward pressure, much less effort then I have needed with others though.

I have not tried to inflate orally or with inflator hose but I like having those options.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom