Best "Street" Tacos???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you make it off the island south of Playa (say, if you're heading to cenotes) DO NOT pass up Taqueria el Arbolito on the west side of the highway at the entrance to Puerto Aventuras. They'll have about 16 large ceramic cazuelas of assorted goodness and someone making tortillas by hand (no press or rollers) on the comal. Literally right across the highway is Taco Paco, which has superb fried fish and shrimp tacos. I haven't really found anything like either on the island.
Oh yeah baby. Nothing like belching mole chicken into your RB loop for 3 hours.
I still stopped there every day on my way to the caves:D

I'm gonna have to find that spot when we go in July!

I'm on it! Thanks, Bonnie.
Taxi HQ is on Calle 2 norte between Aves. 5 & 10.

Try the fish taco guy in the blue Chevy pickup truck with white cover over the bed, just off Melgar at the car ferry dock. I don't know the street but it is the one that runs from Melgar to 65. Tacos are great torta is better.
Also there is a place on the road that crosses the island at somewhere near 125. on the right going to the east side of the island I heard it was good also.

It's called Camaron Dorado. Amazing fish tortas, personally I like them even better than the taco truck guy's. It's on the right side as you head east, the last joint before you're in the yungle.

Also Los Seras on 30 has great tacos pastor, order para llevar (to go) from the sidewalk. Or eat in, whichever.

Awesome!!! Thanks and keep em' coming. I could eat tacos all day, every day.

Hmmm.. your user name may have given us the first clue on that... :D
We will expect a full report upon your return.

I don't know where you're going to be staying and how far down you'll want to go from most of the hotels, but there's also a really good place on the corner of calle 11 and avenida 45. It opens around 7 p.m. and stays open pretty late. As often as I eat there, I can never seem to remember it's name. Probably because I'm not the brightest. . .

I am headed to Cozumel next week and would like to know where to get the best "Street" tacos. By this I mean authentic tacos like the street vendors in the Baja area sell. They dont have to be from a street vendor but those are the type I am looking for. A friend told me about a place called "el Pique". Is this a good place or are there better? Thanks.

What a great thread - I'm drooling already and I have 7 weeks to go before I hit Coz. I went through the posts and summed them all up to make a list of the "People's Choice" street food to try while I'm there. Thanks to all the "Reviewers" for their suggestions.

Otate's (on avenida 15 between calle 5 and calle 3).

El Pique - Located on Ave. 30 bet. Juarez & Calle 2 across from the San Francisco. Opens around 7:30.

Chilango's for huraches -- nearer Los Seras on Ave. 30.

Sr. Tacombi - the converted VW combi van beside Santanera on 12th street, across from Pizza Pazza

The fish taco guy in the blue Chevy pickup truck with white cover over the bed, just off Melgar at the car ferry dock. I don't know the street but it is the one that runs from Melgar to 65.

There's a little place across the street from the main taxi station one block north of the square. They have the best fish tacos I've ever had anywhere. Taxi HQ is on Calle 2 norte between Aves. 5 & 10.

Also there is a place on the road that crosses the island at somewhere near 125. on the right going to the east side of the island I heard it was good also. It's called Camaron Dorado. Amazing fish tortas, personally I like them even better than the taco truck guy's. It's on the right side as you head east, the last joint before you're in the yungle.

Also Los Seras on 30 has great tacos pastor, order para llevar (to go) from the sidewalk.

There's also a really good place on the corner of calle 11 and avenida 45.

What a great thread - I'm drooling already and I have 7 weeks to go before I hit Coz. I went through the posts and summed them all up to make a list of the "People's Choice" street food to try while I'm there. Thanks to all the "Reviewers" for their suggestions.

Otate's (on avenida 15 between calle 5 and calle 3).

El Pique - Located on Ave. 30 bet. Juarez & Calle 2 across from the San Francisco. Opens around 7:30.

Chilango's for huraches -- nearer Los Seras on Ave. 30.

Sr. Tacombi - the converted VW combi van beside Santanera on 12th street, across from Pizza Pazza

The fish taco guy in the blue Chevy pickup truck with white cover over the bed, just off Melgar at the car ferry dock. I don't know the street but it is the one that runs from Melgar to 65.

There's a little place across the street from the main taxi station one block north of the square. They have the best fish tacos I've ever had anywhere. Taxi HQ is on Calle 2 norte between Aves. 5 & 10.

Also there is a place on the road that crosses the island at somewhere near 125. on the right going to the east side of the island I heard it was good also. It's called Camaron Dorado. Amazing fish tortas, personally I like them even better than the taco truck guy's. It's on the right side as you head east, the last joint before you're in the yungle.

Also Los Seras on 30 has great tacos pastor, order para llevar (to go) from the sidewalk.

There's also a really good place on the corner of calle 11 and avenida 45.

Sorry - Sr. Tacombi is for mainland tacos! (It's in PDC). But the real don't miss is El Arbolito if you're headed for cenotes on the mainland (on the west side of the highway, across from the Puerto Aventuras entrance).

What about El Foco. Ave. 5 between Rosado Salas and Calle 3. It is usually busy. They have so many different selections that it is hard to choose a favorite.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom