Best Scuba Shop On Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ch0ppersrule:
Now let me complain about OC. When we went to drop our reg's off for the annual servicing I didn't have my card because ScubaPro never sent it. OC told me to bring in my receipt of when I bought the reg and they could use that. We called SP and requested another card since I never received the first one. They said they would ship one out the next day. Okay. OC calls and the regs are ready for pick-up. Get there and my bill is $99.00. HELLO??? It is under warranty. Yes, this is when we are getting ready for our vacation so I need the reg. Come to find out DaKine won't do the work unless they have the card. Instead of calling me and telling me they need the card or have to charge full price they decide amongst themselves that DaKine can go ahead and do the work. My card came in while the reg was in the shop and we brought it at the time of pick up. They said since I didn't have it when I turned it in and DaKine wouldn't accept a copy of the receipt they have to charge the full amount. I asked why they didn't call and ask me if it was okay and they had no answer for me. I let them know that I will never use their services and will never recommend them to anyone. I got crappy work done on my reg and even worse customer service. Okay, enough complaining about the horrible service from OC.
Wow, good thing I chose IDH for my training. If a LDS can't get their shop in order I would hate to see how they handle training.

skierbri10:
Wow, good thing I chose IDH for my training. If a LDS can't get their shop in order I would hate to see how they handle training.
From what I understand, their training is OK, But I do know the customer service after the fact is HORRIBLE.

Cheryl and Leesa, Mikey has good turn around time.

fishb0y:
From what I understand, their training is OK, But I do know the customer service after the fact is HORRIBLE.
Their Tech Training is First-Rate; the Wreck Class I took with Jo was the best, most challenging & comprehensive outside of the Mainland; and I received prompt, meticulous support for all my gear needs & Trimix Gas Fills.
So what's your Problem?

Kevrumbo:
Their Tech Training is First-Rate; the Wreck Class I took with Jo was the best, most challenging & comprehensive outside of the Mainland; and I received prompt, meticulous support for all my gear needs & Trimix Gas Fills.
So what's your Problem?
Talking about OC not IDH. Sorry about the confusion.

Unless things have changed, non-military people can't get on base to go to IDH. When Matt was first setting up the shop and moving operations out of their Waikiki location to Hickam, I asked if you needed to be military to get to their shop (or at least have a sticker on your car) - and he said yes.

So . . . I have to make do with what else is available. I'm not looking for new gear, though - so it doesn't much matter to me yet.

Sorry to hear what See In Sea did to the memberships. I used it for the free fills on Wednesdays. Now I'll have to go to Breeze and pay club prices for fills. It's closer anyway. By the way, Lexie was at See In Sea this summer when I went in for air fills so she's been there at least 6 months!

I've used Mikey directly for years and his turn around time is great and since he works out of his house, he will allow you to arrive later than many shops are open to drop off/pick up your gear. He isn't more expensive for the personalized service, either.

chepar:
Unless things have changed, non-military people can't get on base to go to IDH. When Matt was first setting up the shop and moving operations out of their Waikiki location to Hickam, I asked if you needed to be military to get to their shop (or at least have a sticker on your car) - and he said yes.

So . . . I have to make do with what else is available. I'm not looking for new gear, though - so it doesn't much matter to me yet.
I am pretty sure that you give them a call from the gate parking lot they will come pick you up. It wouldn't take that long to get you and go to the shop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom