Best Scuba Shop On Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There isn't a shop on Ohau that I would rate as even fair, they all suck! Big Isle with 15% of the people has several awsome dive shops, even places like Cozumel which has nothing has a dozen very well stocked shops.
See in Sea has new owners, decided to make the life memberships we paid for annual and doubled the price of all classes and they have even less stock than before. IDH, well, I had to visit in person to even rate a phone call back to et an answer and they don't carry much of anything. Sports Auth? Theres a joke.....SOMEONE open a decent shop please!

have to agree, Wildcard.

I only mentioned a couple shops that are big enough to browse. I didn't say they are the best dive shops. Aarons treated us like thieves when we first entered the door, OC will never get my business after they screwed me on my reg service. I heard Kai Ohana is under new management and actually has a new dealer and cleaned up the shop (got that info last night). I mentioned Sports Authority as a place I get my mask because they are the only one's that sell my exact mask. FRUMPY and I are in agreement with WC and Catherine -- no really good dive shops around.

Have to agree with Wildcard, even Saipan which is small island in the Marianas that doesn't even have fresh water for showers in most hotels had better stocked dive shops. If I shop here its usually at South Seas or IDH. OC has the biggest shop I know of but there is a lot of wasted space in it and they are pricey. South Seas has decent prices and are willing to work with you if you can show them you live here, talk to Dave over there.

I say look and go to Scubatoys or even Leisue Pro on-line. I did get good Scubapro prices from Dive Oahu, Brian Benton. OH! check out South Seas aquatics. They lost the SP for selling too low (I heard) but I like them and they carry a lot of stuff. Plus its all shiny and new. A lot of shops here have dusty, used, poorly arranged stuff thrown in a heap.

Don't even get me going about Oahu Dive Shops. Ever since Chuck moved to the PI and Hawaii Sea Adventures closed, I have been at a loss. IDH is getting much better in my eyes. Matt is a good guy and the instructors are pretty good. They seem to be about the only place on the Island with a Tec program (and not the PADI tec course).

BTW, what does everyone think about Coral Divers (?) over in Pearl City? I walked in browsed for about 10 minutes, made their little chime go off about 9 times, and STILL no one came to talk to me.

post #16...deafening silence.

I know Bill their old DM/Instructor from work, used to dive with him all the time, they screwed him bad, so I have been staying away from coral divers lately. Bill quit shortly after Sully left. The shop has next to nothing in it last time I was there and the guy working behind the counter at the time wasn't even a diver or remotely knowledgable on the gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom