Best regulator. No money limit!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks guys. I think I'll buy the Atomic t3

You will never regret it or look back and wish you bought something else.

There so many excellent regulators that maybe the better question is, "Which are the worst?"

Whatever you choose with those deep pockets of yours, stick with brass. Don't fall for titanium (with those claims of tolerating upwards of ~40% O2); or, for that matter, for a sales pitch that I once overheard, years ago,, dealing with some exotic first stage, said to have been constructed, in part, no joke, of the same "space age" ceramic that produced the tiles on the space shuttle.

Yeah, those did a bang-up job . . .

That said, I've been diving commercially for decades, with Poseidon products; and own the lion's share of the models. They've been bulletproof, from freezing waters to the tropics; have no directionality (no upside-down -- can be used either left or right); breathe absolutely dry; and the exhaust remains off to the side, so there are no streams of bubbles in the face -- of some importance to photographers . . .

20140102-133250-qfshy7hbbw.jpg

They did, but the glue used to adhere them didn't....

That was an attempt at a joke; though that ceramic material was oddly brittle and prone to cracking . . .

If regulator price were directly proportional to regulator performance, it would be an easy decision for those who have the budget to spend big and get a proportionally big return. When I was in the market for regulators I was persuaded by the collective wisdom here on SB that I need not spend a lot of money, as all modern regulators from known brands perform as well as most of us will ever need. Based on that advice, I chose the very economical HOG, and if I were in the market for regs today I might buy the similarly economical Deep6, but both of those brands are somewhat US-focused and may not be the best choice for a European diver. For a European, the brands mentioned by others above would be a fine choice. Regardless, the point to keep in mind is that there are diminishing returns on spending that incremental euro; spending a lot more may only get you a little more, and the little more it gets you may not even be perceptible on the kinds of dives most of us do. To cast the snide remarks from others about your ample budget in the best possible light, I think they were alluding to this bit about diminishing returns. Good luck with your purchase, and happy diving.

i use a MK25 EVO A700, solid solid reg, getting myself an Apeks XTX50 sidemount kit real soon.

It seems we have the same way of thinking :) I also currently use the same regulator and thinking about the same kit for sidemount diving.

Back
Top Bottom