Best regulator. No money limit!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe those new Legend regs? I dive and really enjoy my Apexs. The scuba pro carbon models look sweet but I have yet to try one.

i tried the carbon mk25 a700 that my friend graciously let me try.. just a lighter version, breathes the same IMHO. im guessing the coating and resistance to the cold is the only main determining factor.

I dove with a Scubapro MK17/A700 for a few years. Never liked it. Never breathed right for me. Others who owned one, loved theirs. I traded it in and bought an Aqualung Legend LX. LOVE IT!

Only other reg I really liked was a Mares MR12 but could not find anyone to service it.

Poseidon Jetstream or Xstream unless you are unable to find service locally, then I would go with a Scubapro MK25 with whichever 2nd stage you like best or an Atomic T3. All of those are great regulators but I would definitely make sure that they can be serviced locally before purchasing.

Atomic T3. Even their website says it's the best,
"When You Simply Want the Best" All upper end Atomics are functionally the same - the difference is the metal used. T is Titaniumm, ST1 Stainless and M is Monel (inert). Only the B and Z series are plated - Chrome/Brass for the B2, Zirconium/Brass for the Z3

I'd have no problems with a MK25/A700 making the list. Almost bought one b4 I saw the Atomics,

Or the Poseiden XStrean Deep. It might be better in really cold water, Apeks would be another good choice in cold since they're both diaphragms so require less sealing,

Hi,
I just want to buy a new regulator and dive computer.. I was looking at scubapro mk25 a700 carbon and teric.. What do you think? What do you recomnd? I have no money limid..
I also had no money limit but decided that other considerations like compactness for travel, ease of getting local servicing and finally unique design and esthetics steered my towards Apeks XL4+. All other things being equal why not pick something that just looks good to you?

I also had no money limit but decided that other considerations like compactness for travel, ease of getting local servicing and finally unique design and esthetics steered my towards Apeks XL4+. All other things being equal why not pick something that just looks good to you?

Absolutely love the looks of the XL4+, without a doubt one of the better looking regs out there! I wish i had no money limit. but all i have is limit to my money.

Poseidon Xstream Deep Mk3.

I have a bunch of HOG and Dive Rite and Poseidon Regs. I like them all for different reasons.

Dive Rite XT are great and best all around from my point of view.

Poseidon Xstream are amazing but pricey, and just a little different. They have a totally innovative design for the Xstream first stage. I have never seen or heard of one failing under normal, or extreme diving conditions.

If money were of no concern.. I would have Only Dive Rite and Poseidon regs..

Poseidon Jetstream or Xstream unless you are unable to find service local...

With money no object, buy another to rotate in when one is out for service.

I have a local tech for service, but with traffic in the area, it's easier to ship back and forth. So it really wouldn't make much of a difference where he was. With his assistance over the phone, I'm learning how to work on my Cyklon.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom