Best regulator. No money limit!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

East of the pond? Apeks XTX, case closed.

West of the pond? Check local service availability and pricing.

West of the pond: there are a lot of AL/Apeks dealers here.

West of the pond: there are a lot of AL/Apeks dealers here.
Nice to hear. I have this impression that Apeks pricing and service costs may be a little prohibitive in certain areas your side of the pond.

I'd love to be proven wrong, though.

Nice to hear. I have this impression that Apeks pricing and service costs may be a little prohibitive in certain areas your side of the pond.

I'd love to be proven wrong, though.

An XTX50 first and second stage is $600 here. I paid more than that for the AquaLung Legend LX Supreme I use single tank. I happen to have won one of my XTX50s at an event, and the other got NIB here on SB for $425. Use them for my doubles. I have no interest in working on my own regs. Too many fiddly little bits. I have free parts for I think 5 years. This winter is the inspection year on my Apeks and I only paid $35 for each set for inspection. That’s at DRIS, my local shop. People may say don’t take them in yearly, but when I’ve gone a bit beyond a year, stuff starts acting weird.

I’m not a DYIer.

I have no interest in working on my own regs. Too many fiddly little bits.
Me either.

I have a decent idea of what I don't know, and besides, my LDS is fairly competent. Paying for that biannual reg service is one of the things I choose to do so they'll be in business when I need decently competent advice.

Me either.

I have a decent idea of what I don't know, and besides, my LDS is fairly competent. Paying for that biannual reg service is one of the things I choose to do so they'll be in business when I need decently competent advice.

Yes, same here.

An XTX50 first and second stage is $600 here. I paid more than that for the AquaLung Legend LX Supreme I use single tank. I happen to have won one of my XTX50s at an event, and the other got NIB here on SB for $425. Use them for my doubles. I have no interest in working on my own regs. Too many fiddly little bits. I have free parts for I think 5 years. This winter is the inspection year on my Apeks and I only paid $35 for each set for inspection. That’s at DRIS, my local shop. People may say don’t take them in yearly, but when I’ve gone a bit beyond a year, stuff starts acting weird.

I’m not a DYIer.
You have free parts for life from Aqualung America on the sets from you bought new, not just 5 years. On alternate years with overhaul, and documented inspections on the other years.

I have this impression that Apeks pricing and service costs may be a little prohibitive in certain areas your side of the pond.
I doubt it, I am here in the general area of San Francisco (where cost of living is relatively high) and Apeks prices are quite normal, either purchase price or servicing, my LDS charges the same labor cost for Aqua Lung and Apeks service.

I don’t run with wealthy people but I do spend time with folks who have discretionary funds to afford some nicer things in life. Something I’ve noticed is sometimes folks are still not satisfied even when they have the best. I think there’s magic in “settling for less” and knowing how to be happy with what you’ve got or what’s easily obtained.

Back
Top Bottom