Best meal by Restaurant in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

5 month bump...
So I have this sick obsession with Burritos... Who better to ask than the folks who have recently been here? Any suggestions to a good place to start eating?

I typed in Burrito to the search and got some interesting responses.... :sos:
It's not a Burrito but the bacon lobster sandwich at Le Chef was one of the tastiest things I have ever eaten. The sauce makes it a little rich but man was it good. We were starving when we ordered them and it really hit the spot.

28aozes.jpg

It's not a Burrito but the bacon lobster sandwich at Le Chef was one of the tastiest things I have ever eaten. The sauce makes it a little rich but man was it good. We were starving when we ordered them and it really hit the spot.

28aozes.jpg

+1 Yum!

I really like Chilangos huaraches...I end up going every night and feel like the guy on their sign with a swollen belly!

Someone made a video of the place
[video=youtube;8nNLHPMbtC8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nNLHPMbtC8[/video]

Anyone mention this place: https://www.facebook.com/burritosgorditos I haven't been but I hear they are larges, good and cheap!

In my opinion one of the best deals on the island. $50 pesos for a monster very fresh burrito. The owner is a very nice guy and fun to talk with. The have breakfast now as well whole chickens. This will be our first stop for lunch after we get off the plane next month as well as our last to take a burrito onto the plane to eat going home.

---------- Post added January 4th, 2013 at 11:39 AM ----------

I like this slant on this overplayed out topic, nicely done.

Del Sur - Grilled Fish is awesome and shrimp empanada.
Casa del Mojito - Cuban Sandwich is fantastic.
Camaron Dorado (SP) - Shrimp Torta to go and take to the east side.
Los Otates - Pozzole
Museum - Breakfast with a view
Kinta - One of their catch of the day dishes they are great.
Wet Wendys - Chipotle Chicken burrito with Mango Habenero sauce to take onto the plane for the ride home
Churros from vendor on the Northeast side of the square at night
El Moro - Anything with their Mole sauce
Rotisserie Chicken from the place on 30 near Covi
Rasta Bar - Ceviche
Playa Palancar - Seafood soup during surface intervals
Mozaicoz - Pastor Pizza and Sunday nights to have a front row seat for the festivities

New adds after the fall trip:
Chino Marnino (sp) Better shrimp tortas than Cameron Dorado
El Pique - Taco al Pastor
Burritos Gorditos - Pork Burrito was amazing
Blue Angel- Chimichangas

Come on February get here already, I am now very hungry

Another vote for Le Chef Lobster Sandwich AND Burritos Gorditos!!

Another place I always seem to forget about for a nice night out - can also be very romantic is Panchos Backyard! I had New Years Eve dinner with a few girlfriends and it was REALLY good and VERY reasonable - beautiful atmosphere and excellent service! I had the Almond Crusted Mahi-Mahi and 2 glasses of wine for less than $20usd - worth every penny! Had dinner there again last night with another friend - dinner for 2 and a bottle of wine less than $50 USD!

I was there about 5 yrs ago and LOVED the Grilled Shrimp at Mescalitos! The Marg's were some of the best we had all trip as well.
The Conch at El Morro was a close second.

I hope it is still as good..I will be trecking over there again in a few weeks!

The Conch at El Morro was a close second.

I hope it is still as good..I will be trecking over there again in a few weeks!

:no::shocked2: PLEASE DO NOT EAT CONCH!!!! If you eat conch you are supporting the poachers! If you want to keep the Eagle Rays around - DON"t EAT CONCH! This is what they eat! They stopped coming in mass for a couple of years and it was because there was no "food" for them!

While I am at it - please also do not eat GROUPER a/k/a Mero - you are also supporting the poachers and illegal fishing here if you do! Please always ASK what the fish is if ordering fish in a restaurant. If they say Grouper or Mero - please make another selection!

There are several responsible restaurants where you will never find grouper but will find EXCELLENT fresh fish - Bucannos, Guidos, Kinta, Kondessa, Le Chef to name a few! Stick to tuna, snapper (huachinango), wahoo and mahi-mahi (dorado) for fresh fish in Cozumel!

Ok will do! I do not eat fish..but will make sure my wife does not order the Grouper.
I was last in Coz in 2005..maybe El Morro is more aware of this? That is the only place I remember seeing it on the menus.

I do like shrimp and Lobster..I take it the Lobster is sustainably harvested?

Another place I always seem to forget about for a nice night out - can also be very romantic is Panchos Backyard! I had New Years Eve dinner with a few girlfriends and it was REALLY good and VERY reasonable - beautiful atmosphere and excellent service! I had the Almond Crusted Mahi-Mahi and 2 glasses of wine for less than $20usd - worth every penny! Had dinner there again last night with another friend - dinner for 2 and a bottle of wine less than $50 USD!

You know I keep thinking of trying it again. The once I went there the upcharge on Hornitos in the margaritas about killed me. (and worse sobered me up....) I think they were like 15 a piece. The trauma sort of erased my memory of dinner. I think it was good....

---------- Post added January 4th, 2013 at 04:41 PM ----------

Ok will do! I do not eat fish..but will make sure my wife does not order the Grouper.
I was last in Coz in 2005..maybe El Morro is more aware of this? That is the only place I remember seeing it on the menus.

I do like shrimp and Lobster..I take it the Lobster is sustainably harvested?

Well, El Moro does have conch on the menu and grouper is everywhere. I have given up the grouper pretty much. Jeez I hate the guilt..... I did have lovely snapper at La Cocay last month.

I thought maybe if I ate a little conch I might attract some eagle rays. They generally avoid me like the plague....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom