Best Luggage for Travel with Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BabyLitigator

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Leaving for my first trip involving a drysuit (Bonne Terre) and looking for bag-related travel advice. Will be traveling with drysuit, plate + wing (single tank), regs, etc. Torn on renting or bringing fins based on bag size. Need to pick family up at airport after the dives so trunk space issues will not be irrelevant.

Have a Tusa bag that fits everything but the fins and stuff I can carry on in a dry bag. Worth upgrading, and if so, to what?

Whatever bag it fits in? I cannot fit a drysuit plus BP/W, regs, etc. in one bag under 50 lbs. for air travel, so I use a separate bag for the drysuit, undergarments, etc. I have used my Patagonia Black Hole duffel for that. A duffel style bag seems like a good choice to me.

Whatever bag it fits in? I cannot fit a drysuit plus BP/W, regs, etc. in one bag under 50 lbs. for air travel, so I use a separate bag for the drysuit, undergarments, etc. I have used my Patagonia Black Hole duffel for that. A duffel style bag seems like a good choice to me.
Hadn't thought as much about weight - gonna have to play some games with the scale. May switch from National to Hertz to get a larger vehicle for when the family joins though. That seems like it will be the big limitation (bag for scuba gear plus four suitcases).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom