Best food on the island?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My favorite item on Kinta's menu is the three milk bread pudding with bananas, chocolate, caramel sauce and ice cream. Delicioso.

Hmm, turns out the "what's your favorite restaurant?" question gets as many answers as the "what's your favorite dive site?" question gets :D

Or what kind of thermal protection do I need. :cool2: Or best dive op....

Last edited:
Especias is my all-time favorite although there are several honorable mentions. (Sonora Grill and La Choza being two that come to mind.)

Any suggestions for a more affordable local meal? Starving divemaster-wannabe here

I dont remember if the place had a name, but about 5 or 6 blocks in from the ocean, towards the north end of downtown, on a corner is a chicken shack that has great bar b que chicken. Pollo al Carbon. Perhaps a local poster can help with the location. The flavor comes from a combination of the wood and the spice rub. It is just a take out joint, but you can sit on the curb outside for authentic 3rd world dining experience. They also served a side order of spagetti, which I thought was odd, as I was expecting rice and beans, don't forget to get a plastic bag of water or suger juice concoction that the locals seem to enjoy so much. I also like casa mission for an upscale experience.

I dont remember if the place had a name, but about 5 or 6 blocks in from the ocean, towards the north end of downtown, on a corner is a chicken shack that has great bar b que chicken. Pollo al Carbon. Perhaps a local poster can help with the location.

I LOVE that place. It's on a north-east street corner on 30th. I forget the cross street...maybe Rosada Salas, but it's just down the block from the San Francisco, El Pique etc.

Love that place as well. We stop to pick up chicken on our way home from diving. Less than $6 (I think, my husband pays) and its good for 2 lunches. We have tried several other Pollo al Carbon places, they all are pretty good but the one with the spagetti on the corner is our favorite.

We enjoyed La Parilla on 30th. Just had a good feel about the place, plus the prices were fair and the food was quite good. I had the chile rellenos and man it was delicious.
Question for everyone who has been to Kinta. What is good on their menu and what is their signature dish? When I was returning our vw to isis, saw the place, but didn't get a chance to eat there. Instead grabbed me a quick selection of pastries at Zermatt.

I don't know if there is one signature dish. The food there strikes me as something off a food network show with every one being special. The presentation is 'fancy' if you get my meaning. Like the last time my dinner had cilantro rice pressed in a little green cake as the base of the little food sculpture with lobster enchiladas. It was a holiday special, apparently. There aren't a ton of choices on the menu, but I think we have tried about everything and it is all excellent. The atmosphere and the presentation add to the experience. The seating in the garden is very nice with plants screening one table from the next.

We like local places, have never had a problem with getting sick and eat tons for cheap!

Chilangos is awesome, very good food. Corner of Calle 3 sur and Ave. Pedro Juaqin Caldwell

El Dorado taco shop is run by a great lady who cranks out great tasting tacos. They're about 3/4 blocks down from the beach on Calle 7 Sur.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom