Best food on the island?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SailNaked

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I know this is a common thread, but things change. What is the one resturant you would eat at every day in Coz if you had to?:D

Well, I'm not sure that you really want to go there but IF YOU MUST.......
As a frequent visitor to Coz. ( 10x last year ) that eats out almost every night, I usually tell visitors that my favorite is Kinta. You can't go wrong with almost anything on the menu and every visit is like visiting home. Kris and Bernando and the rest of the staff really know how to not only make good food but make you feel welcome. There are so many places that serve good food but Kinta's is truly inventive, serving hybrid Mexican fare with some exotic flavors. That's just one night.....hope you'll find many more ideas for each night of your visit and spread your dollars around. The Island needs the business!

Parrilla Mission on 30th .... as it is, we usually eat dinner there 3 times on a 7 day trip. The food is great, the staff is friendly and the prices are embarrassingly cheap!:D

Have to agree...Kinta is my favorite. Looking forward to our next trip. Kris and his brother just opened another restaurant!! Can't wait to have dinner there.

Kinta folks are opening a new restaurant. I walk past it nearly every day and poke my head in to see how things are going. As of yesterday, they thought they'd open today. So maybe we will go there for supper tonight. I'll let you know. I like Kinta a lot but there's an antojitos stand around the corner from my house that I frequent when I only feel like spending a couple of bucks on supper.

:D

My favorite was the Lobster House on the north end of the island. You picked out your own lobster tails and they served them up with the best rice I've ever tasted and veggies. The atmosphere there was very romantic with candlelight everywhere. We were the only people there other than a 10-person party of locals.

Best steaks on the Island: The French Quarter.. Guido's is excellent also..
Prima is also good for the surf & turf but it can vary from day to day..

Best steaks on the Island: The French Quarter.. Guido's is excellent also..
Prima is also good for the surf & turf but it can vary from day to day..

Where are you now????

That is kinda torture: Eat at only ONE place??? Really???

Then I pick: Kinta.... no, El Moro..... no, Parrilla Mission..... no, La Chosa.... no, La Cocay..... no, Casa Dennis..... No, the Esquitas guy..... no..... STOP THE MADNESS!!! I can't pick just one....:confused4::crazyeye:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom