Best fin for propulsion small foot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cinderella,
My foot is a size 5. Do yourselves a favor and get a bootie with a thick sole like the SeaSoft Stealth in size XXXS. The thicker sole causes a better fit in any fin pocket. Unfortunately their thinner Sunray does not come in XXXS to fit a 5. Some people have had to buy a bigger fin because of the thick sole. I add a 2 mm neoprene socks in colder waters.

Previous to this, I had your standard bootie and all fins would fall off because the strap is pulled to the smallest position and your foot is still smaller than the foot pocket. The strap would migrate down and the next thing I know the fin would be gone. I had at least 4 different prs of Blades, Mares, Tusa. After the thicker sole, I have not had a problem.

In warm waters >84 degrees, I have a pr of size 2-3 full footed Duck fins (meant for body surfing) with a pr of neoprene socks. It is a short fin but it fits well and easy for travel. For muck diving, it is great for frog kicking. People laugh at me but they work.

Good Luck!

I highly recommend the SeaSoft Stealth boot (I purchased the shorter version but it still has a zipper and tab) ... I dive Cressi Reaction fins as does my husband. The extra arch support and rigid sole made all the difference in the world re cramping and keeping up with him and other stronger/faster swimming buddies over the softer soled and less supportive dive booties and other boots (I bought at least four other brands!!). A plus with the stealth boot ... I can safely walk over just about any surface and can also step up easier when the beach surface has eroded the tide line.

Best propulsion fins available are free-diving fins, nothing comes close. If they are the correct application for your particular dive requirements is a different story.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom