Best fin for propulsion small foot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SALE - IDI XS Scuba Power Fin - Super Scuba Sales

The original Power Fin by IDI, now distributed by XS Scuba. Excellent comfort and propulsion in a vented neoprene fin.

This is the "original" scuba fin, with a tried and true design that has maintained its popularity. The unique rubber compound allows you to achieve greater efficiency by reducing the overall weight and adding a snap back quality. All rubber construction with standard "like-they-used-to-make-them" metal buckles.

Color: Black Rubber
Available in two sizes: Medium (Men's 6 - 8 / Women's 8 - 10) or X-Large (Men's 12 - 14 / Women's 14 - 16)

Add a spare Rubber Replacement Fin Strap for $3.99

[SIZE=-1]Sizing Tips: The Power Fin is an open heel style fin designed to be worn with boots.

In general, it is best to size the boot to the foot and then the fin to the boots i.e. a men’s 7.5 would take a size 8 in most boots and therefore order a size medium in this model fin.

Vendor: IDI
Code: FN61K
Retail Price: $95.00
[SIZE=+1]Sale Price: $39.00[/SIZE]
You Save: $56.00

Quantity in Basket: none[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Select size[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]<Select One>Medium[/SIZE]

Last edited:
Ok! I get it! But size medium to large for me by their chart.

I didn't repeat it!

Good luck with your endeavors. Oh, and remember; allways put your best foot forward.

Last edited:
I on the Extra Force Fin and use it for quite some time. I stop using it once I got my hand on a pair of Scubapro jet fin. I think the jetfin will work better for you. The medium and large size have a pretty short length of blade but it will get the job done. I have use this fin diving against mild current while my buddy is holding on next to me, and it work. Granted that this fin was first produce in 1965ish, it is still being produce today. Its one of those thing that if its not broken, why fix it. The design of the fin stayed the same for all this year for the simple reason that it work. This is also the favorite fin for many special ops, tech diver, and instructor.

I hope this help.

I think you should really look at the force fin pros. The size is based on your foot circumference, not shoe size. I wear a L with 3mm booties.... last trip I wore my 7mm booties and found that the bone on top of my foot got sore a few times so will make sure I only use my thinner boots from now on.

I'm not a strong kicker but on my last trip, the guide joked around about me being so speedy with my ff. :)

I've heard that they are back in production again but you can find used one on ebay. I have 2 pairs and will most likely sell my blueish/black ones off soon since I only use my yellow ones now.

So now I'm cruising eBay for force fin pro, twin jet and jet fins. If I can find good deals, may try all three! A girl can't have too many fins. Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
apalo bio fin rent a pair you will love them good speed little effort not a lot of power but good speed rated number one in fin test from scuba lab (good liniment testers)

---------- Post added March 31st, 2013 at 06:56 PM ----------

use a different kick with the bio or force fin use a rapid flutter kick with the bio and a more lower leg kick with the force fin verses a wider straight leg kick with the mares

PS - if you can't "keep up" with your buddy, the problem is probably that your buddy is swimming too fast. Seriously.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom