Best Dive Watch Ever...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rolex Sea-Dweller.

Never dive without it.

It's as at home in the courtroom as it is underwater, which is why it's on my wrist right now.

I only dive a few days per year, like the Invicta 8928, inexpensive, good looking, divable though the band doesn't really work with a 7mm suit. Also got a Helix -especially liked the manual - "do not eat this watch". Of course I'd love something that looked like the first but functioned like the second and could talk to my computer - LOL any suggestions?

In 1993 I bought a Citizen Aqualand [not Hyper] [JH 0034] which I absolutely love: depth and time and bezel in dive mode in addition to time mode with date,etc. I have had the batteries replaced every couple of years and the watch has performed virtually flawlessly. I just noticed that the batteries are out and I sent the watch to Citizen in California to be replaced. Guess what: they stopped making the gasket for that watch [and have none in stock] so since they cannot guarantee the seal they refused to change the batteries and essentially the watch is "totaled" and cannot ever be used again. Anybody got any suggestions as this watch is in perfect shape, works just fine, and can and will be serviceable for years to come if I could get the gasket/s? Thanks

Rolex Sea-Dweller.

Never dive without it.

It's as at home in the courtroom as it is underwater, which is why it's on my wrist right now.
Mine sits in a drawer, sometimes I wear it to a party when I need to put on airs. But the reality is that it does nothing as well as say a G-shock, except impress foolish women; and now that I've been married for over twenty years that really doesn't matter to me.

I always try to use the right tool for the right task.:D

Reminds me of that old joke:

[SIZE=-1]A lawyer opened the door of his BMW, when suddenly a car came along and hit the door, ripping it off completely. When the police arrived at the scene, the lawyer was complaining bitterly about the damage to his precious BMW. "Officer, look what they've done to my Beeeemer!!!", he whined.

[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]"You lawyers are so materialistic, you make me sick!!!" retorted the officer, "You're so worried about your stupid BMW, that you didn't even notice that your left arm was ripped off!!!"
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]"Oh my gaaad....", replied the lawyer, finally noticing the bloody left shoulder where his arm once was, "Where's my Rolex???!!!!!" [/SIZE]

Guess what: they stopped making the gasket for that watch [and have none in stock] so since they cannot guarantee the seal they refused to change the batteries and essentially the watch is "totaled" and cannot ever be used again. Anybody got any suggestions as this watch is in perfect shape, works just fine, and can and will be serviceable for years to come if I could get the gasket/s? Thanks
I have been sending my Citizen watch to Atlanta, Ga since 1992 for batteries and refurbishing and it always comes back looking brand new.
They may have the parts you seek.

Send to:
Hurley Roberts Service Co.
6990 Peachtree Industrial Blvd Ste C
Norcross GA 30071-1009
1-800-896-8669

Shipping form for returning Citizen watches.

Ollie wore one? Really? What did Stan wear?

Actually I don't really "wear" one, it's on my gear ... I don't wear a watch anymore except as an affectation, my cell phone fills that function just fine.

Who is Stan?

I heard from some Iron Man people that the VOG got them..went to the ER and still stuffed up
is it bad down in the low spots?

Ollie's partner, Stan Laurel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom