Best Dive Watch Ever...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello guys,

A question to those of you with the Aqualand Duplex.

I am based in Brussels, and i work with metres (not feet) and measure temperatures in Celsius.

I have a friend in NY and i could get the Aqualand from Amazon.com at 50% of what it would cost in Europe. However it is crucial for me that it operates with the metric system.

My question is if the US-market Aqualands measure depth only in feet or also in metres? Is it a function of either/or or does the Duplex do both feet and meters.

Another question is whether they also display the date. This is my main issue with the Tag-Heuer Aquagraph which does not display the date, but otherwise i think it to be the prettiest dive watch, albeit gloriously overpriced.

Any info from Aqualand Duplex owners would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Nuncio

Sunnto Stinger for diving
Omega seamaster crono for wearing around.

Hello guys,

A question to those of you with the Aqualand Duplex.

I am based in Brussels, and i work with metres (not feet) and measure temperatures in Celsius.

I have a friend in NY and i could get the Aqualand from Amazon.com at 50% of what it would cost in Europe. However it is crucial for me that it operates with the metric system.

My question is if the US-market Aqualands measure depth only in feet or also in metres? Is it a function of either/or or does the Duplex do both feet and meters.

Another question is whether they also display the date. This is my main issue with the Tag-Heuer Aquagraph which does not display the date, but otherwise i think it to be the prettiest dive watch, albeit gloriously overpriced.

Any info from Aqualand Duplex owners would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Nuncio
My memory is that they are switchable, Metric/English, but I can't find my manual. Look on the web for a manual or instruction sheet.

How much does the Citizen Hyper Aqualand or watches of that range cost in Singapore and where should I get them ?

Intending to get one as a gift

Or if anyone has any recommendations on watches with dive computer functions between the $100-200$ range?

AL0000-04E-1.jpg

^That's my current backup depth/timer for tech dives, but I'm going to buy one of these:

zenith-defy-classic-silver-watch.jpg

Zenith Defy, $92,000

Thank God it's water proof to 3300 feet in case I drop it into the ocean and it sinks to the bottom. I can retrieve it with my diamond encrusted submarine. Don't wait to buy these as I'm sure they will sell fast as they only made 25 in the entire universe and aliens bought a few of them to reverse engineer them to steal the technology for their spaceships

What's the model # of that one? Looks similar to the BJ2000-09E but a little different.

Edit: Nevermind, found it: Citizen Promaster Sensor AL0000-04E

Looks good, but I prefer the solar charging of the BJ2000-09E to avoid battery changes. Nice that it has a real seconds hand, though.

Back
Top Bottom