Best Dive Watch Ever...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got my Citizen Aqualand in November and I love it. The depth guage and bottom timer agree with my Suunto Cobra 3. It looks good enough to wear everyday, and so far, no problems at all.

On Christmas day, I completed 20 years with my original Citizen Aqualand (Model C022-088093). I've done literally hundreds of dives and only had one minor problem: about 8 or 9 years ago I had the batteries and gaskets changed by the official Citizen repair shop on Puerto Rico. Apparently the gasket wasn't properly placed; and lucky for me, I noticed some condensation from the tropical air before I went diving, so all was set right by the shop before any damage occurred.
I now use Hurley Roberts in GA for my Aqualand's maintenance; they do an excellent if not cheap job of keeping everything in top condition. I recall my first battery and gasket change in Panama back in 1993 costing something like $12.00 total. Ah, nostalgia.
Like many others I was always concerned about having one of the rubber straps split on me, so back in 1995, I upgraded to Citizen's 24mm stainless and gold wrist band. It goes great with the original watch, and has allowed me to double it's use as a business watch for the last 15 years.
Maybe one day I'll get a Rolex or a Doxa, but for the past 20 years the Aqualand has been the best watch for my needs.

Momentum's are great dive watches at great prices

Last edited:
Google momentum watches and the website will come up. I haven't made enough posts yet to send the link!

More a tradtional dive watch company...have sold many and never had one come back with a problem! Very well made and can take a beating. I wear mine everyday and bang it all over the place.

If your looking for a hybrid (compture/watch) stick with sunto or casio. They both have really nice options and I've never had problems with them.

PS Stay away from Immersion!

I have several dive watches rolex doxa tags and more my next watch will be a nauticfish its a swiss made german watch its so cool you get to pick out and build it custom check it out on web site oceanictime. but for the money my favorite is a luminox scubadrc@yahoo.com

Back
Top Bottom