Best Dive Watch Ever...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My watch is 16 years old and Citizen stated that they no longer keep the tools to replace the battery. I suspect they really mean they don't want to as they no longer have spare parts if it fails it's preasure test after they have replaced the battery.
The watch owes me nothing so I will try and replace the batteries myself. If it works and I get another few years life from it then fantastic, if not then it's only cost me a few pounds.

Uh oh... Where is the info that Citizen no longer replaces batteries? The website still indicates that you can mail in your watch for service, CITIZENWATCH.com | Welcome to Citizen Watches Online Does that not include battery replacement?

I sent my Aqualand in last year to have the batteries replaced and didn't have any problem. Believe it or not, I couldn't find anyplace near me that was willing to change the batteries with any kind of assurance that it would remain waterproof...

Steve

Anyone here with a Marathon GSAR or any other model from Marathon?

:14:

I just bought a used Suunto Stinger and I can't wait to try it out:pilot:

Anyone here with a Marathon GSAR or any other model from Marathon?

The GSAR or one of the other Marathons (Depending on availability) will be my next watch.

I think I posted earlier in this thread that all my watches have either Maratac or NATO bands.

I just dove with my new Citizen Promaster Hyper Aqualand. Didn't have to touch a button and every bit of info I needed, and more, was automatically recorded. Last night when I was reading the directions and getting acquainted with it my wife asked how much it was and I told her. She complained that it was too much for a watch especially when you already have plenty of other watches. After today's dive I showed her all the stuff it recorded automatically, and then I heard those magical words..."do they make'em for women?" Sweeeet........

I dont know about best dive watch ever but here are mine.

(photo is a large image)

Attachments

• DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    400.9 KB · Views: 247
Anyone notice this thread was started in 2004?

Back
Top Bottom