Best Covid test clinic?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am seeing multiple places on the island to get tested. Has anybody personally or heard of some of the tests being rejected or not accepted at the airport due to being more obscure than the main hospital testing sites?
I have not, they are glanced over by the airline ticketing personnel, not airport or government officials, and they only give it a cursory glance. This is both in Cozumel and Cancun. The test certificates typically come with a QR code that links back to an online certificate but I have never seen one double checked in the 5 times I have travelled out this year.
The only check is by the airlines at the point of departure to the USA, there is no document check or questions upon entering

I think that Laboratorio de Análisis Clínicos del Dr. Simi, Centro went down to $399 MXN. Someone check the translation here...

1633139605195.png

The best COVID test clinic for me is the one that impacts the rest of my vacation the least; a few pesos + or - does not move the needle. My last time on the island a mobile testing unit came to our hotel and the test took less than a minute. They emailed the result (negative) to my hotel where it was printed and delivered to my room, and it was there waiting for me when I got back from my dive the next morning. I think it cost about $US30; I wouldn't have gone into town to have it done even if it were half the price and the results were faster.

The best COVID test clinic for me is the one that impacts the rest of my vacation the least; a few pesos + or - does not move the needle. My last time on the island a mobile testing unit came to our hotel and the test took less than a minute. They emailed the result (negative) to my hotel where it was printed and delivered to my room, and it was there waiting for me when I got back from my dive the next morning. I think it cost about $US30; I wouldn't have gone into town to have it done even if it were half the price and the results were faster.
The only thing better would be getting the test in your sleep and waking up to see a printed negative result on the nightstand.

I was reading about this test on the Bonaire forum. Does anybody have experience or insights on this testing?

I saw 3 hundred something driving through playa the other week for antigen.

I still like international. Parking lot with validated parking, in and out.

1633307903621.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom