Best Covid test clinic?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Colonoscopy Advocate
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
Who do you like...??

I called then visited Laboratorio de Análisis Clínicos del Dr. Simi, Centro on recommendations I got on FB. 450 Pesos is the best price I could find, and they were convenient. Just be there with your passport before 5pm. On 15 Ave just north of Calle 1, two blocks from the plaza. They got my email address wrong, but I wanted a printout anyway so I went back after an hour and picked that up.

I'd call before going, but I think that their hours are 7am-7pm Mon-Fri, 7am-2pm Saturdays, closed Sundays.​

While waiting I went to a lovely Italian place for a late lunch I always visit as it was close: La cucina italiana at the corner of 15 Ave and Calle 6, 450 meters from the clinic. Menus vary daily, but I had lobster tail, pasta, soup, and salad for 220 Pesos!

They're normally open 12-5pm Mon-Fri, but these days are doing pizzas 12-5pm Saturdays. I'm not sure if Saturday pizzas are delivery only or if they're open for inside seating.
Capture.JPG

In April, we went to Amerimed near the southern cruise terminal. $35 was about the lowest price at the time. Quick, clean, and easy. Waited 20 minutes for a printout, never got the email. Didn't need the email but they said I would get it.

In May, we went to Marko's on 60th and Q Roo. $30 was about the lowest price at the time. Quick and easy. Got the email in 30 minutes so didn't return for printout. Only issue here is parking, found a spot across the street in a strip retail center.

So the 450 MSN = $22.44 USD is only 99 Pesos cheaper than 549 = $27.38. My plane from CZM to DFW was only about 10% full, but overall I'd bet that there is a lot of money being made on Covid testing of Americans heading home so we may see rates drop more. Mask wearing was about 50% with the locals it seemed; I wore mine, but then I wear one in town at home - never stopped.

I did not check parking as it was a short walk from my 5th Ave hotel, but there seemed to be plenty of street parking out front.

International Hospital has its own parking lot and validates. I think they are at 549 or 27ish US.

I second the recommendation on International Hospital. We used them when we came back about a week ago, no reservations necessary, and we were in and out in about 30 minutes. They said we'd get email results in an hour, it was actually more like two, but no biggie on that.

We used International Hospital as well. It has parking which is important to us. They even validate the parking ticket. We were in and out in less than 15 minutes. Great deal at $549mx.

Another vote for the International Hospital. One swab,one nostril. Got a negative result emailed within 1-hour. Cost (in July) $549 pesos.

Back
Top Bottom