Best Brand of Wetsuit on the Market

Best Wetsuit for Diving

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any comments on EVO??

We are looking to buy our first wetsuit as we venture out to the Keys in a couple of weeks for our 2nd of many diving trips. EVO has some sizes that are intresting. And a farmer john/jacket for a decent price. Or do you folks like a jumpsuit better. I am only 5'6" but fit in the 36" waist so I will either need a custom or one of the L shorts or XL shorts. Had rather keep the cost down as much as possible since we will be needing 2. One for me and one for my wife. For now, all of our diving will be warm water. Keys or Carribbean.

To expand on the pole question a little. What is the best priced wetsuit? assuming it fits.

underachiever:
Any comments on EVO??

We are looking to buy our first wetsuit as we venture out to the Keys in a couple of weeks for our 2nd of many diving trips. EVO has some sizes that are intresting. And a farmer john/jacket for a decent price. Or do you folks like a jumpsuit better. I am only 5'6" but fit in the 36" waist so I will either need a custom or one of the L shorts or XL shorts. Had rather keep the cost down as much as possible since we will be needing 2. One for me and one for my wife. For now, all of our diving will be warm water. Keys or Carribbean.

To expand on the pole question a little. What is the best priced wetsuit? assuming it fits.

EVO is an excellent brand for a great price!

There probably aren't a lot of people with experience with multiple brands, who have any basis for comparison.

My wetsuit is a Scubapro, and fits me as though it were custom made, and I love it. It's comfortable, easy to get into, and quite warm. But, other than the 5 mil I rented in Australia (and I have no idea whose that was), it's the only wetsuit I've used. I'm completely satisfied with it, but conceivably there might be something out there I'd like better if I tried it.

How about Camaro and Waterproof?
My vote is for Waterproof. I tried a 3mm on the other day and it was an awesome suit. Waterproof is a Swedish Company.
I currently have a Mares 3mm, Oneill 5mm, a Bare 7mm, and a Bare Tri-lam HD Drysuit.
Camaro makes great suits too.

Remember the old "Harvey's"? are they still around?

I'm starting to look into getting a wetsuit, so I'm finding the discussion helpful. For someone just getting into diving, there is SO much information out there, and I don't know what is reliable info or hype.

I understand that fit is the most important thing. But as I stated in my wetsuit for the vertically challenged post, it is helpful to have a starting point. From the results of the poll I'm seeing that Bare would be one to try on. I'm also get names that I hadn't heard of.

Xcel in my opinion is a very good suit. I did about 200 dives on my 1.5mm before it started to wear. I think I got more than my moneys worth out of it and would buy one again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom