Best Brand of Wetsuit on the Market

Best Wetsuit for Diving

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have 3mm Scubapro everflex and 5mm Thermal tec wetsuits

It does not really matter much, as world leading market, China manufacures more than 50% wetsuits to meet the demand of world market. So it is possible that the euiqment you are using is made in China.

However, personally speaking, I like Body Glove and O'Neill made from Yamamoto neoprene materials and TiPro with Firewall to keep the water out! MSN:kaufmanbiz@hotmail.com

Haha, the best one is not even on the list..........Xcel my friend.

Kaufmanbiz:
However, personally speaking, I like Body Glove and O'Neill made from Yamamoto neoprene materials and TiPro with Firewall to keep the water out! MSN:kaufmanbiz@hotmail.com
Xcel also uses Yamamoto neoprene, if memory serves.

Kaufmanbiz:

Here is an example of what is realy important: I agree about the Body Glove suits but there is NO WAY on Earth I could fit into any size of O'Neill wetsuit. Who cares whatthe suit is made out of if it don't fit?

That said the BEST suits are actually made of a rather stiff neoprene by a custom wetsuit shop. The stretch, soft stuff is good for off the rack suits because it help make thesuit fit better. But if it is custom you don't need that. The harder rubber does not compress at depth, so you stay warmer and the harder rubber lasts longer. How many compression cycles can those new oft suits take? Maybe 200? Maybe less. So you really can't say what's "best" unless you qualify it like "Best off the rack suit that fits me" or something like that.

tribaltim:
Hello eveyone, I'm not sure if this has been done yet but I would like to know if their really is a huge diffrence between brands of wetsuits? Now I know these aren't all the wetsuits out their but I think these are the most popular but let me know if they aren't!

Tim

Different brands are somethings cut differently. Some will have sizes the others don't. So which ever brand(s) fit best are best for you.

Also, some brands have different "lines" where the material is different or the little features are different. relly this is just to set some price points.

Basically if it fits well and the thickness is right for the water temp it's a good suit and all the rest matter very little.

The very best thermal protection is a 1/10 mm thick airplane ticket to a place with warm water. :)

As for wetsuits, fit is more important than brand. I do really like my Tilos 5mm though, because the soft rubber sealing surfaces around the neck, wrists, and ankles seal so well that my chest will often be just a tiny bit damp after an hour long dive.

In terms of maximum amount of thermal protection for a given amount of buoyancy, nothing beats a hood or beanie. I wear a beanie, even with a Oneill 3/2 in 80+ degree water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom