Best Brand of Wetsuit on the Market

Best Wetsuit for Diving

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have an Xcel Expedition that is a very well designed and durable suit. And I have heard nothing but good things about the Henderson's.

But if it doesn't fit, you won't like it!

thomjinx

I have a suit and I know the basics but I've only worn a few diffrent kind. I was just wondering if a certian brand for divers are actually more popular or not. It seems from my experience that Henderson Insta Dry is the rave but I like my ScubaPro just fine. I was just wondering if thier was a huge diffrence in brands.

My Henderson 3mm Gold Core started to fall apart after 50 dives. Snags, rips, tears, etc.. Durability was a big disappointment.

100+ dives so far on my 5mm Wetwear custom and it's still as good as new. :D

I have a 3mm Excel and a 7mm Harvey's FLEX. I love them both. The Harvey's is as easy to get into as the 3mm suit.
C-Dawg

All of these are great companies and I dont think anyone can say one is "better" than the other. Its all which one fits you the best. For me Bare suits just seem to fit perfect, not to tight but not a single airpocket, like it was custom fitted or something. But I'm thinking about trying out a Pinnacle suit when I look at replacing my older Bare 3mm.

Knight1989:
All of these are great companies and I dont think anyone can say one is "better" than the other. Its all which one fits you the best. For me Bare suits just seem to fit perfect, not to tight but not a single airpocket, like it was custom fitted or something. But I'm thinking about trying out a Pinnacle suit when I look at replacing my older Bare 3mm.

Bare seems to have more sizing options than most others, which is a good thing.

I've also heard that Akona has a great 7mm suit as well...

I think 1 of the differences between wetsuit brands (as per your initial question) is the stitching; look closely at the stitches; u might see some pretty big differences.. blind stitch etc.. some LDS will say this makes a difference in terms of being long lasting, less prone to rips etc.. but i aint no expert, so i cant say whether its true.. but just thought i'd share this with you folks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom