Does anybody make a Step-In / Farmer John Two Piece wetsuit out of modern flexible neoprene?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OCDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello All,

Call me old school but I still really like the two piece wetsuit design. Easy to don and doff, flexible where they need to be an really warm. I'm currently wearing a Henderson Thermaxx. So I've really learned to appreciate the new soft and stretchy neoprene. I'd really like to find a two piece suit made of similar neoprene. I see that XS makes a two piece, but the neoprene is older tech. NeoSport (scuba.com brand) has one too. Henderson makes one, but based on the price I'm guessing it too is old tech neoprene. I'm not interested in a freedive suit.
Does anybody know of a two piece that's made from high stretch neoprene?

Reactions: OTF
Hello All,

Call me old school but I still really like the two piece wetsuit design. Easy to don and doff, flexible where they need to be an really warm. I'm currently wearing a Henderson Thermaxx. So I've really learned to appreciate the new soft and stretchy neoprene. I'd really like to find a two piece suit made of similar neoprene. I see that XS makes a two piece, but the neoprene is older tech. NeoSport (scuba.com brand) has one too. Henderson makes one, but based on the price I'm guessing it too is old tech neoprene. I'm not interested in a freedive suit.
Does anybody know of a two piece that's made from high stretch neoprene?
Does Henderson Thermoprene count?

I would like to think so, but based on the price I'd be surprised. I have a call into Henderson and am waiting to hear back. Will post what I find.

FWIW, I have that jacket in 3mm and really like it. The full length front zip makes it very easy to use, so maybe it's not necessary to have it on the stretchiest possible material. After all, you are going to be trading warmth for that flexibility..

For SoCal waters, maybe a 5mm John and jacket (so 10mm over the core) in standard neoprene is warm enough and still more flexible than a 7mm in a stretchier material.

I hear ya. I've had two 2-piece suits in the past. I just really like the flexibility of the new stretchy neoprene and think a 2-piece in it would be a great suit.

I hear ya. I've had two 2-piece suits in the past. I just really like the flexibility of the new stretchy neoprene and think a 2-piece in it would be a great suit.
If you can't find one, then give the Thermoprene a chance. I think the front full length zip on the jacket is at least as good a solution to the problem of donning and doffing difficulty as a stretchier neoprene.

The price difference seems to be mostly down to the fleece lining and nicer overall finishing on the Thermaxx plus the usual premium tacked onto the top of the line product.

If you can't find one, then give the Thermoprene a chance. I think the front full length zip on the jacket is at least as good a solution to the problem of donning and doffing difficulty as a stretchier neoprene.

The price difference seems to be mostly down to the fleece lining and nicer overall finishing on the Thermaxx plus the usual premium tacked onto the top of the line product.
Thanks. Going to check out the local LDS's and see if I can check one out.

Thermoprene is a pretty nice neoprene. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again. Stay far far away from Neosport. They're stuff is cheap and feels cheap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom