Beach diving this weekend? (4/9-11/04)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, Marvel, I'm sorry that we missed you. I should have gotten your contact info on Saturday.

We'll have to do it again soon. I think the water was much warmer on Sunday!

-Grier

rab:
Well, I didn't meet up with anyone from the board, but I did make it to the Erojacks on Saturday. After getting tanks from Fill Express, I got to the State Park just before 10am. The park ranger at the entrance said some divers had gone to the public beach, but I went in anyway. I managed to hook up with a student and her instructor who were going out to finish her OW cert. dives. While they worked on skills, I toured around the jacks and the little reef. It was GREAT to dive in salt water! 1st dive was 52 min. and after a short (17min) SI, we went back down for another 39min dive. Had to swim a bit against the current while we floated out the SI so if you swam from the pier on the surface, I know how hard that must have been!

On Sunday, my family went to the Datura shipwreck snorkel trail. My 9 and 12 year olds were swimming with me on snorkel. We saw a large starfish in 10-12 fsw which was very cool, but my 9 yr old bailed out when given the chance before we found the trail. My son saw everything though and is dying to get certified (they did a Discover Scuba last week and really, REALLY want to do more!)

If you do anything mid-week, I'll try to hook up with you again.

-Rob

Rob, I'll bet we saw each other and didn't even know it, because I was at both places when you were. I'll give you a call tomorrow (got your PM) with what little insight I've gained over the past couple of months about the sites you mentioned and a few others that I've experienced.

Funny about the starfish - I wonder if he was the same one. (Big, yellow guy about a foot across)

-Grier

Marvel, Joni and I are sorry that you returned your full tank on Saturday after we seen you at home. The water was perfect as Joni and I went to check out under the pier. We have seen a 4ft Nurse shark, 5-6 ft Baracuda under the pier checking us both out lots of Lookdowns and to many other to type.....

Hope to get out soon now that the waters are getting back to normal....

GrierHPharmD:
Rob, I'll bet we saw each other and didn't even know it, because I was at both places when you were.
Well, it wouldn't be the first time! I almost met up with Big-t-2538 at Gilboa Quarry last fall and actually exchanged a few words with BerRabbit without knowing her.

GrierHPharmD:
Funny about the starfish - I wonder if he was the same one. (Big, yellow guy about a foot across)

-Grier
YEAH! My two kids that were with me loved seeing that. It was a large yellow starfish and I'd guess that it was a foot or so across (as we were seeing it from the surface).

I'm looking forward to hearing about your local dive experiences!

-Rob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom