Beach diving this weekend? (4/9-11/04)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm in Boca this Sunday. When and where were you thinking? I'd need to schedule a bit.

Gary

I'm arriving late Friday to Ft.Lauderdale and will be itching to make my first salt water dives. I certainly don't have my bouyancy dialed in (and will be going to buy/rent tanks on Saturday morning), but would love to join in a dive this weekend or anytime through next Thursday (4/15).

Since I'm on the road now and my snow-bird in-laws don't have a high-speed Internet connection, I'll have to check the board (or my email) late Friday.

I know Dania is a little south of where I'll be staying, but I'll need a few more details since I don't know what the "usual" means.

-Rob

Okay, here's what I have:

The Jacks are located at the John U. Lloyd State Park. I called there, and the lady said that we should get directions at the gate, but that the jacks were just offshore at the first parking lot. The park opens at 0800.

I'm going to try to be there when they open, complete with my dirty green 4-Runner with a bunch of dive shark bumper stickers that my kids put on it.

Looks like there's an entrance fee of $4 for all day. I'm bringing two tanks.

I've attached driving directions for the park below.

See you there!
-Grier

JOHN U. LLOYD BEACH STATE PARK
Hollywood, Florida

Contact Information
6503 N. Ocean Drive
Dania, 33004
(954) 923-2833
Driving Directions
I-95 to Sheridan Street (Milepost Exit 21 - Old Exit 24), east to A1A, north 1.5 miles; or Florida Turnpike to Hollywood Blvd. (Exit 49), east to A1A, north 2.5 miles.

Groan! That's early!!! :11: But, I'll be there- gotta call the shop & see about tanks & when I can pick them up in the AM.

Update: Done!!!

GrierHPharmD:
Okay, here's what I have:

The Jacks are located at the John U. Lloyd State Park. I called there, and the lady said that we should get directions at the gate, but that the jacks were just offshore at the first parking lot. The park opens at 0800.

I'm going to try to be there when they open, complete with my dirty green 4-Runner with a bunch of dive shark bumper stickers that my kids put on it.

Looks like there's an entrance fee of $4 for all day. I'm bringing two tanks.

I've attached driving directions for the park below.

See you there!
-Grier

JOHN U. LLOYD BEACH STATE PARK
Hollywood, Florida

Contact Information
6503 N. Ocean Drive
Dania, 33004
(954) 923-2833
Driving Directions
I-95 to Sheridan Street (Milepost Exit 21 - Old Exit 24), east to A1A, north 1.5 miles; or Florida Turnpike to Hollywood Blvd. (Exit 49), east to A1A, north 2.5 miles.

Jenny, where's the closest place to Lloyd to rent tanks. I was going to get them from Fill Express, but I think I may try somewhere a little closer.

Thanks in advance,
Grier

BTW, regarding the gear for the Hermit Crab, I'll look when I go home today. (Hmmmm, maybe I can lure you to a dive on Saturday with promises of a bright yellow wet suit...)

Grier, our babysitter has flaked out on us. We're going to try and salvage the situation, but I can't offer any guarantees. It's better we back out now than leave you guys expecting us to show up. If the matter is resolved today and we can make it tomorrow, I'll call you in the morning.

Rick

Let's do this: I'll be there at 0800 or thereabouts and dive with the early risers (Hit the water around 0900, give or take a half hour then we can plan a dive a little later, say around 1100, to accomodate travel, tank pickup, etc.

Does that work, or do we need to shift the time a little more?

Rick, would that help your babysitting situation?

The only thing that will help my babysitting situation would be for either Angie to stay home (highly unlikely), or for me to not dive, or for another babysitter to miraculosly materialize. Let's see what happens.

Rick

Best place to rent tanks is at Coastal Marine Diving Supply at 940 E Dania Beach Blvd. 954-923-2388. They are the closest, and Ithink they open pretty early also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom