BC's with "Elevator" Lever

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am strictly a rec diver ....

Ditto with me for the greatest majority of my dives - I don't have much - a simple plate, basic webbing, for single tank diving I use a DiveRite transpack 30# wing. With a steel 72 and up to 3mm of Neoprene I use no lead at all. It's as simple as it gets. The plate was made by FredT who I also bought all the hardware sans wing. I put it together in about 20 minutes in my living room and was amazed at how easy it worked out. :D

If no one has said it already, I'd like to see a BC with an elevator lever explode.

Thanks - I just spit soda all over my laptop!

I would confuse the corrugated hose with my snorkel and dump the air when I wanted to inflate my BC; so what was the solution for me?

A gear solution to a skill problem is rarely a good idea.

ROFL ! ! ! I have been monitoring this thread for a few days now. I must admit I have not read pages 14 through 28. It was just too mind numbing after the first 13 pages of posts. On the other hand, some of my thoughts / impressions:
this thread is entertaining
mikeguerrero, looks like you took a beating there for a while -- thanks for hanging in there. It will all be okay. Go dive your gear for a while, have fun and enjoy it. We'll get you straightened out in time. I believe a number of divers have already offered constructive advice
i too am amazed that this thread keeps going. it's like the energizer bunny
and now I have added my comments to perpetuate the agony for all

Have fun y'all (texas thang)

This could be taken to mean that any sort of BC for rec divers is really not necessary.. the lungs are already built in on bipeds. :)

tankbackpacksm.jpg
Oh my god! What's that thing?
Are you trying to tell me that people actually used to dive with, gasp, one of those!
Didn't you know that bc's have evolved and now there is a whole unit that has an "elevator lever". Yes that's right, no more do you really have to know how to dive, the BC does it for you.
Soon there will be a brand new model out that will have a row of 6 bottons on the side.
They will be labelled:

15 ft.
20 ft.
30 ft.
40 ft.
50 ft.
60 ft.

just like you see above.
The lever will be computer controlled with an internal depth monitoring device and when you push the desired depth, VOILA! the BC takes you there.
Now nobody will have to know how to dive because the equipment will do it for you, isn't that great!!

Some of you guys are just too much. You must really be intimated by this bc.
What the hell are you so afraid of? No, don't answer that. Most people are just ignoring the damn thing, but some of you are really having problems dealing with it.

What the hell are you so afraid of? No, don't answer that. Most people are just ignoring the damn thing, but some of you are really having problems dealing with it.
I'm not intimidated or afraid of anything. The ocean where I live has been been having huge 20 foot swells and I'm bored to death (yeah, ok, I'm afraid to get killed in that trying to dive in it).
I'm just trying to see if I can get this stupid thread up to 300 posts and 15,000 views.

I don't know if anyone else has brought this up, and I don't have time to read 2345341341474 posts, so I'll just say this:

Its not what everyone else is afraid of. Its what the owner of this BC should be afraid of.

See, if I have to skin-dive down to recover your unresponsive body from any real depth, I'm not going to have a lot of time to read the manual for your new fancy elevator-button BC. I will look for your power inflator and if I can't find it, you can count on this delaying your trip to the surface.

This means that your gear could actually delay your rescue because your rescuer may have to make several trips down to you in order to figure out your gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom