BC's with "Elevator" Lever

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

Die Die why won't you die thread...

Cheers.

-J.-

I've heard that really experienced divers manage to get 50 pounds of lift out of their SS plate alone without any stupid wing.

I've heard that really experienced divers manage to get 50 pounds of lift out of their SS plate alone without any stupid wing.

Absolutely, but it depends on the type of neoprene speedo. IF you use the RED neoprene you've got 30# of lift, but a dark blue puts you at 55#. It's all in what your trying to create here, ya know. :D

Absolutely, but it depends on the type of neoprene speedo. IF you use the RED neoprene you've got 30# of lift, but a dark blue puts you at 55#. It's all in what your trying to create here, ya know. :D

I knew it!

Wings and BCDs are for noobs. Real men use speedos to provide lift.

Did someone say i3?

8ajwqi8.jpg

Nah, you've got it all wrong 'cause it depends on the size of the hose inside the Speedos, not so much the color of it. But if the hose is turning dark blue it means you're in trouble!

Nah, you've got it all wrong 'cause it depends on the size of the hose inside the Speedos, not so much the color of it. But if the hose is turning dark blue it means you're in trouble!

:rofl3:

Mike: you're priceless. I would have never been able to withstand all these bp/w hell spawns and would have succumbed to peer pressure back on page 2 of this post.

Someone said, they wanted to be part of the dumbest thread, ME TOO!! Actually I do own one...
I was farting around on EBAY one day, put in a stupid bid and figured someone would out bid me, no such luck, I have never dove with it, as when I got it , it just seemed too weird and my Octo set up( I just don't use) needed an annual...Anyway, I had just bought the Knighthawk with the Air2, so this went into the closet and still is....
So anyone want to buy a lever BC???

Seems like everyone here is into BP/W set ups or the Big Backflate BC. As I said I have the Knighthawk and have had it for a couple years, used it everywhere I have gone over the past few years....
Saying that, I am not impressed with the Knighthawk, way too bulky for travel and for the Warm water diving I do...looking for the minimalist way to dive it...maybe a scout or the DivRite harness single tank set up.

I am strictly a rec diver ....

That's why most cold water divers dive dry because then you can keep the hose warm and inflated and maintain good buoyancy. If you dive just the speedo and the hose turns blue you're in trouble because it will shrink and you will sink like a rock, you see. ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom