BC's with "Elevator" Lever

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The lever will be computer controlled with an internal depth monitoring device and when you push the desired depth, VOILA! the BC takes you there.
Now nobody will have to know how to dive because the equipment will do it for you, isn't that great!!

someone is probably designing this right now

A gear solution to a skill problem is rarely a good idea.

Oh no!!!

Not the return of RJP!!! I want to pop your life saver you sit in !!!!:D

I better restate my statement. I didn't like the fact that as I would reach out in almost zero visibility for my corrugated hose for a split second I would grab my mouthpiece to my snorkel.

Oh no, my skills are horrible RJP, guess that's why I failed OW drills 10 times at break water... :rofl3:

I don't know if anyone else has brought this up, and I don't have time to read 2345341341474 posts, so I'll just say this:

Its not what everyone else is afraid of. Its what the owner of this BC should be afraid of.

See, if I have to skin-dive down to recover your unresponsive body from any real depth, I'm not going to have a lot of time to read the manual for your new fancy elevator-button BC. I will look for your power inflator and if I can't find it, you can count on this delaying your trip to the surface.

This means that your gear could actually delay your rescue because your rescuer may have to make several trips down to you in order to figure out your gear.

Hey Mr. Rescue,

The i3 comes optional with either airsource 2 or the new airsource 3 by Aqualung. Hope you know how to inflate the corrugated hose on the airsource... :eyebrow:

Oh no!!!

Not the return of RJP!!! I want to pop your life saver you sit in !!!!:D

I better restate my statement. I didn't like the fact that as I would reach out in almost zero visibility for my corrugated hose for a split second I would grab my mouthpiece to my snorkel.

Oh no, my skills are horrible RJP, guess that's why I failed OW drills 10 times at break water... :rofl3:

Do you mean you actually use a snorkel while scuba diving??! :D

Yeah,

I am SSI certified so that means snorkel with my gear... I actually use my snorkel a lot since I've only done beach dives; the surface swims save me some air for bottom time.

Our intructor made sure we had snorkels to dive with and she made sure we used them...

MG

Yeah,

I am SSI certified so that means snorkel with my gear... I actually use my snorkel a lot since I've only done beach dives; the surface swims save me some air for bottom time.

Our intructor made sure we had snorkels to dive with and she made sure we used them...

MG

It's our secret signal you know. Tossing the snorkel :wink:
-Never mind, for beach dives I'm sure a snorkel has a purpose. All PADI OWD involves a snorkel too, but most of us into the more "minimalistic" line of gear has tossed it away years ago. I had to get a new one out of my store when we started classes this spring. I had no idea where I'd put it! -Although I freedive a lot on vacation, and use it then of course.

I think you've gained some respect for standing tall in this tread man! Congratulations! :)

Oh my god! What's that thing?
Are you trying to tell me that people actually used to dive with, gasp, one of those!
Didn't you know that bc's have evolved and now there is a whole unit that has an "elevator lever". Yes that's right, no more do you really have to know how to dive, the BC does it for you.
It's old skool man. Actually, I still have one downstairs that I've been debating diving again for a while. I think I will just to watch new skool instructors take smoke breaks stressing over the lack of new shiny stuff.. which is sad since they aren't smokers to begin with. :wink:

Hmm.. yeah. The ultimate in minimalist. I know an old caver who dove with Sheck when they were in college who told me about using his dealio similar to this and they tied clorox bottles to the front of their tank and would put air in the bottle to help with buoyancy. I thought Bulllllllshoes till I saw a pic.

Although I freedive a lot on vacation, and use it then of course.
Snorkels are great free dive peices. Did you now that there is a special snorkel for sleding behind a boat while looking for lobster in the Keys??

Hey Mr. Rescue,

The i3 comes optional with either airsource 2 or the new airsource 3 by Aqualung. Hope you know how to inflate the corrugated hose on the airsource... :eyebrow:

Heh... Fair enough. :D But its optional right? So your milage may vary...

I didn't like the fact that as I would reach out in almost zero visibility for my corrugated hose for a split second I would grab my mouthpiece to my snorkel.

:

With proper gear configuration (and training/skill) this really can't happen, as your snorkle mouthpiece and LP inflator really shouldn't be near each other. Additionally, visibility has nothing to do with it, as you should be able to do this literally with your eyes closed. (It's that whole pesky skill thing again.)

Having horrible skills doesn't rule out passing OW.

:D

Besides, since you've managed to "master" bouyancy in 10 dives you must be a wonderfully skilled diver!

RainMan_31.jpg

"I'm a very good diver. Good bouyancy control. Definitely very good bouyancy control. I dive on Wednesdays. Always dive on Wednesdays."

:eyebrow:

Having horrible skills doesn't rule out passing OW.

Truer words were never spoken! :swordfight:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom