BC's with "Elevator" Lever

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm just back from a night dive, good thing dark falls early this time of year. Off to gear maintenance...

Mike, I have a revolutionary new comb for you to try when you are ready. The great thing about it is bald guys can use it, too. It has no teeth. It never gets crudded up and never pulls hair.

Best of all, I can sell this revolutionary new comb for only 3x the cost of a normal comb.

I'm going to translate this one into Norwegian, put it on file on my computers, and when the chance comes I will copy & paste, and throw it into somebody's face when they argue for some new useless "duppeditt" they've bought! :D

I can't believe this thread is still alive.

Mike must have balls of steel to keep coming back and refuting all the comments in this thread.

I do have to say though that evil's observations on diving dry and diving with a bp/w are spot on. At least they are the same as my experiences. For all those considering going dry - if you can handle the cold and if you don't intend to do 60 minute+ deco stops, dive wet.

I also agree that in diving, you save money in the long term if you buy the right gear straight away. I have two friends selling their poodle jackets @ $300 less than what they paid for them. I had to sell my stupid, overpriced split fins at a $100 loss (why didn't anyone tell me I can get jets for $100 delivered online?!). Having said that, I still see some guys doing 50 metre dives in old tattered poodle jackets.

I can't believe this thread is still alive.
/QUOTE]

I can't believe it either. Those bp/w types who love their lungs on their back and refer to full around inflation as "poodle" jackets have a life of their own. This sort of thread will continue on and on with the least informed the most irate. As some poster said earlier-"...just go diving."

Now if we just start discussing split fins vs. paddle :)

Christmas morning I raced downstairs to look under the tree, hoping that Santa had left me a BCD with an elevator lever.

All I found was a chunk of sheet metal that someday had chewed a bunch holes in, the leftover bladder after someone ripped a BCD apart, a bunch of webbing, and a handful of leftover buckles, sliders, D-rings and such.

I threw the junk into the garbage and hope that Santa comes through next year.

That was almost as bad as my buddy who was hoping to get a dive computer and just got a lame one that only shows depth and time.

Christmas morning I raced downstairs to look under the tree, hoping that Santa had left me a BCD with an elevator lever.

All I found was a chunk of sheet metal that someday had chewed a bunch holes in, the leftover bladder after someone ripped a BCD apart, a bunch of webbing, and a handful of leftover buckles, sliders, D-rings and such.

I threw the junk into the garbage and hope that Santa comes through next year.

That was almost as bad as my buddy who was hoping to get a dive computer and just got a lame one that only shows depth and time.

What a bunch of lame crap! How is a piece of sheet metal supposed to keep you afloat? Won't the webbing cut into your skin and leave marks? Is there an extra comfy cumberbund in there somewhere?

What a bunch of lame crap! How is a piece of sheet metal supposed to keep you afloat? Won't the webbing cut into your skin and leave marks? Is there an extra comfy cumberbund in there somewhere?

And there's no duct tape to put it together! :rofl3:

And with all that weight across your back, won't you be diving upside down? :)

And there's no duct tape to put it together! :rofl3:

And with all that weight across your back, won't you be diving upside down? :)

That stuid bladder thing will push you face down into the water on your first dive and you'll drown.

You guys are so behind the times. BP/W is soooo obsolete. It's all about side mount now, dontch'a know nuttin? Oh, and gone is the 'wing'. I've found that an old tractor innetube twisted into a figure 8 is much more efficient to orally inflate with a standard Shrader valve and using a tooth to push the stem in. And don't forget the ankle mount torpedos. :)

Back
Top Bottom