Question Banning.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am definitely a Yankee. If you called me a carpetbagger, I would not be offended.

When you have been banned, what recourse do you have to explain yourself ?
That's the thing. I've never been banned, haven't even gotten a warning.
The worst it has happened to me is 3 maybe 4 posts have disappeared.
So I'm not the one to give you any suggestions, other than don't be too much of an a$$ and you'll be fine.

Someone should do a poll on how many people have read the TOS and the forum rules. I'll be that's a pretty small number.

I been here for a very long time. I tend to have strong opinions about my solo diving, so it isn't like i avoid controversy ... Still, I haven't been banned yet.

I f i can be here for over a decade without getting banned i have zero sympathy for anyone getting the boot.
Ana.
This diving forum as with many other diving forums work and operate on many levels.
Now at one level, shall we say the beginner level I too can claim I have been on this forum like yourself for over a decade and without getting banned.

Keep to lightweight topical replies and subjects, follow the polite rule, be helpful and don’t disclose anything too deep and you get by. In my case the level tolerated within the moderator comfort zone are posts and comments made in the compressor section. A shallow backwater of topical interest to a few fellow divers.

Now at a slightly deeper level shall we say when you venture into topics where vested interested parties would not like you discussing topics that they feel the general diving public should not know about then you would feel pressure put to bare to moderate those comments or information.

Further at an even deeper level when you for example disclose an accurate fact that the industry or sponsors don’t want the readership to know about then you get banned.

Diving forums are an easy ride for the average recreational scuba diver, But spare some sympathy for the keel hauling your fellow members get in their attempts to honestly inform as also to our new member who in genuine error trespassed against us. Iain

Someone should do a poll on how many people have read the TOS and the forum rules. I'll be that's a pretty small number.
I did when I joined. But I get the feeling it has changed since then.

Ana.
This diving forum as with many other diving forums work and operate on many levels.
Now at one level, shall we say the beginner level I too can claim I have been on this forum like yourself for over a decade and without getting banned.

Keep to lightweight topical replies and subjects, follow the polite rule, be helpful and don’t disclose anything too deep and you get by. In my case the level tolerated within the moderator comfort zone are posts and comments made in the compressor section. A shallow backwater of topical interest to a few fellow divers.

Now at a slightly deeper level shall we say when you venture into topics where vested interested parties would not like you discussing topics that they feel the general diving public should not know about then you would feel pressure put to bare to moderate those comments or information.

Further at an even deeper level when you for example disclose an accurate fact that the industry or sponsors don’t want the readership to know about then you get banned.

Diving forums are an easy ride for the average recreational scuba diver, But spare some sympathy for the keel hauling your fellow members get in their attempts to honestly inform as also to those new member who in genuine error trespass against us. Iain
Sorry. But no. Would these people "trespass" if it was a face to face interaction?

I have openly stated the fact that i do not share my air and I solo dive without redundancy.
Doesn't get much more controversial that that.

I've even met the owner of the board at BHB on a Turkey dive and told him I don't care for that place and all the elbows and legs in the water at the same time. The key for me, is to behave in here as you would, if you were face to face with whoever you are writing to.

There's no excuse if one gets banned. Don't be an a$$ to others and don't spam. How simple can it be?

I've even met the owner of the board at BHB on a Turkey dive and told him I don't care for that place and all the elbows and legs in the water at the same time. The key for me, is to behave in here as you would, if you were face to face with whoever you are writing to.
Forget that! With some individuals, I will be less polite/restrained if I meet them in person! :rofl3::p

Back
Top Bottom