Question Banning.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Therefore you didn’t bother learning how the forum works, and asking questions.
Well I must have dodged a few bullets then.

"Does not follow directions well" was on my report card every year!

Your forum is large & involved, & to a beginner difficult to get right first time.
Your message said “ you couldn’t put spam on the site, & you would have to contact a moderator, if it was a mistake. But how can you contact a moderator if you cannot access the site, if you have been banned ?
This is the question, there is no nefarious intent ment.
i don't get this. i never read the TOS or rules of any forum here, yet haven't been banned or suspended. idk how you guys do it lol

Was the ban really for posting one post in the wrong section? Other forums tell you not to do it and only ban for a repeat offense. Seems a rather fast ban...
We *may* react with great enthusiasm when someone joins the board and within a couple of minutes tries to sell something on some random forum.

It’s likely something we see over and over again, not usually out of the UK, but folks do hide where they are from.

I would bet we spam hammer half of the folks who try to join.

You’re welcome.

When you have been banned, what recourse do you have to explain yourself ?
None. This is a Yankee divers forum and you are a Limey.
They are hard bunch to understand I know, you have my sympathy LOL

Having said that I was banned last month from a British divers forum
(the dive forum) after simply responding to a post. If its not liked by the owners
or those in power then you are banned. Once your banned you can't
get back or log in so you cannot read or recover your emails or history or as I'm my case
a further post was raised to the moderators under the contact an admin section heading "User banned who I was buying something off" but with no reply back from the moderators.
Also your original posts are selectively removed at best or the whole thread is wiped clean or as in my case both of the above.

Make a copy of your post or screen shot all of your posts would be my advise.

On this forum Scubaboard I have had a number of my posts removed and I have been banned from replying back in particular threads. The moderators normally inform you but not always
The reply is sometimes also in a way you don't know who it was who banned you and you can't reply.
In my case on here one reason given was the subject matter regarding "What equipment do you use for in water decompression", a subject that is highly sensitive if it does not follow current American recreational diving guidelines.

Failing the above I live just up the road from you in Broadway (Cotswolds) so it may be that our American cousins think of something way different. Two nations divided by a common language.
I guess. Good luck. Iain

Having said that I was banned last month from a British divers forum
(the dive forum) after simply responding to a post. If its not liked by the owners
or those in power then you are banned.

I just can't imagine that you would do such a thing and that somebody would ban you, very difficult to believe :p

Many on this side of the pond will object to being called a Yankee. Kinda like calling people from the south of England a Geordie.

I’m not a Yankee. I’m a Midwesterner.

When I was living in Oz, I was considered a Yank. Shrug. I knew it was all good, as when they take a piss out of you, it means they accept you.

I been here for a very long time. I tend to have strong opinions about my solo diving, so it isn't like i avoid controversy ... Still, I haven't been banned yet.

I f i can be here for over a decade without getting banned i have zero sympathy for anyone getting the boot.

Back
Top Bottom