Question Banned IP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NDonahue

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
In the last couple of days, I’m getting blocked from accessing SB due to a banned IP. I don’t think this is punitive as my account is fine.

is there any solution to white-list my IP? If not, I can access via VPN, but that’s a PITA.

Attachments

• IMG_1695.png
    IMG_1695.png
    123.6 KB · Views: 63
Which IP address of the hundreds of IP addresses that you are using is blocked?

We are getting hammered by spambots and I am blocking the IP addresses that are flagged by stop spam forum. I usually check to see if any of our accounts are using a spam source before I block it. Unless you’re using an IP address from Russia, Ukraine, Nigeria or India which I block in /24 or more.

Thanks. I suspect there are many IP addresses because of connection from my phone and/or use of NordVPN.

The blocked IP address is likely 41.249.94.102 (or
somewhere in that /24 range). This block is reserved for my ISP.

Thanks. I suspect there are many IP addresses because of connection from my phone and/or use of NordVPN.

The blocked IP address is likely 41.249.94.102 (or
somewhere in that /24 range). This block is reserved for my ISP.
Nothing in 41.249 is blocked. You just connected with that IP 17 minutes ago.

OK. Thanks. If that is working it means my home can connect (I thought I was still on the VPN). I’m not sure what was causing the original block message, but the problem of connecting from home has resolved.

thanks for looking into this.

I’ve had the same problem since years when using one of my mobile providers. Can the admin please check if these netblocks are in the banned list? Attached pic.

Attachments

• IMG_7676.jpeg
    IMG_7676.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 48
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom