Blocked IP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dumpsterpurrs

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've just moved into a new apartment complex, and now when I try to access SB from home, I can't open any page. It says my IP is blocked. What can I do to restore access to SB from home?

Posting from my friend's house. My phone can access SB no problem here.

If you’re trying to connect from Hanoi then yes, some IP addresses are blocked because of extensive spamming and hacking attempts. In looking at the your connection logs, you don’t seem to be having any problems with the 150 other IP addresses that you have used.

Also, perhaps you should change your location from Indonesia to Hanoi.

If you’re trying to connect from Hanoi then yes, some IP addresses are blocked because of extensive spamming and hacking attempts. In looking at the your connection logs, you don’t seem to be having any problems with the 150 other IP addresses that you have used.

Also, perhaps you should change your location from Indonesia to Hanoi.
Recently relocated. Now I'm just working from home in HN from the only blocked IP among all the ones I've accessed from. Can that IP be unblocked?
I'm surprised someone here knows about SB to spam and attack it... I do live in a massive apt complex so there's surely a chance. I'm just...miffed.

On a trip now so I can still check out SB, but will soon return to the blocked IP and view Google cached SB only.

Recently relocated. Now I'm just working from home in HN from the only blocked IP among all the ones I've accessed from. Can that IP be unblocked?
I'm surprised someone here knows about SB to spam and attack it... I do live in a massive apt complex so there's surely a chance. I'm just...miffed.

On a trip now so I can still check out SB, but will soon return to the blocked IP and view Google cached SB only.
Sure, we can unblocked the IP addresses as soon as you talk to everyone in your apartment complex and kindly ask them to stop spamming, scamming and hacking.

Let me know how that goes.

Why not use a vpn app to mask your HN IP and login from Europe?
I'm shamefully the only person on Earth who still hasn't figured out the whole VPN thing... I know it's supposed to be easy but somehow I've never been able to make it work.
Sure, we can unblocked the IP addresses as soon as you talk to everyone in your apartment complex and kindly ask them to stop spamming, scamming and hacking.

Let me know how that goes.
I'm wondering if everyone at the same physical address shares the same IP address, or is it by local internet account? If so, I'm the only person using my internet and wifi and pay for it myself. Previous tenants have all moved out months ago and no one uses my internet other than me. That should mean my IP address should be safe from now on, at least until I move out next summer, no?

I'm shamefully the only person on Earth who still hasn't figured out the whole VPN thing... I know it's supposed to be easy but somehow I've never been able to make it work.

I'm wondering if everyone at the same physical address shares the same IP address, or is it by local internet account? If so, I'm the only person using my internet and wifi and pay for it myself. Previous tenants have all moved out months ago and no one uses my internet other than me. That should mean my IP address should be safe from now on, at least until I move out next summer, no?
I don’t just block an IP address, I usually block Class C (/24) blocks of 255 IP addresses. Therefore, I cannot open one IP address when I have blocked 255 IP addresses.

And yes, if your router is unsecured, everyone in your apartment complex can use your IP address.

And for someone who doesn’t understand VPNs, you certainly use many different IP addresses. The last three that you have connected with are from Bali, Ha Noi and Philippines.

I don’t just block an IP address, I usually block Class C (/24) blocks of 255 IP addresses. Therefore, I cannot open one IP address when I have blocked 255 IP addresses.
Gotcha!
And for someone who doesn’t understand VPNs, you certainly use many different IP addresses. The last three that you have connected with are from Bali, Ha Noi and Philippines.
Err I....travel?

Back
Top Bottom