Blocked IP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

He didn't say you travel. He said your login IP was from those countries, which is what happens if you use a VPN.
And I was saying that I have login IPs from those countries because I travel. They are all places in Southeast Asia, where I live and work and dive. It's not due to VPN use. In Indonesia right now unable to get on Reddit. I don't think not knowing how to VPN and traveling to dive are incompatible.

If you travel often you should most definitely be on a VPN. Especially if you are in 3rd world countries with governments that would love to see your data. Hell I don’t even trust my own government with my data.

VPN is easy-peasy. You can sign up with one like Private Internet Access, which is fairly inexpensive and has servers all over the world. They also have a free trial program and support multiple devices so your phone, laptop, and desktop can all be protected. All you need to do to set it up is run the installer.

VPN basically takes all the data your computer sends on the internet and encrypts it and sends it to a server of your choosing somewhere else. Could be a local server, could be in another country. That server can decrypt the data to see where you actually want to go. So someone who has access to the router your are connected to, or your ISP, has no idea what the data you are sending is or its ultimate destination. It’s all encrypted. They don’t know if you are emailing cat videos or accessing your banking information.

As to the multitude of IPs you are seen coming in from, that’s no surprise if you are on a cell phone. They frequently hop IPs just going from tower to tower. In a sense it makes it easy for someone to relocate you based on your IP address. With a VPN they would only get the possible location of the server you are connected to. So you can travel to 7 different countries but have your VPN accessing the same server in one country which will appear to be where you are.

If you travel often you should most definitely be on a VPN. Especially if you are in 3rd world countries with governments that would love to see your data. Hell I don’t even trust my own government with my data.
You're absolutely right but I just somehow... have never been able to take myself through the process. Sometimes people have weird hangups/odd difficulties I guess! Thanks for the walkthrough, I'll def give it a try. Hopefully I won't run away crying after 5 frustrating minutes!

You're absolutely right but I just somehow... have never been able to take myself through the process. Sometimes people have weird hangups/odd difficulties I guess! Thanks for the walkthrough, I'll def give it a try. Hopefully I won't run away crying after 5 frustrating minutes!
It is painless and transparent so stop whining and just do it!

Back
Top Bottom