Question Banjo fittings for DH.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would not imagine anything so primitive with oring face sealing in other indudustry

The standard banjos are far too broad with a chamber with metal washers for sealing
unlike the scuba hollow bolt you see sealed internally extra hose adapters with orings

"These are brand new chrome plated brass banjo fitting so you can use a SPG on your double hose. You must have a long yoke to use the banjo fitting. If you are not sure what style of yoke you have email me some photos and I can tell you. I also have a limited number of long yokes for sale for both two and single stages. Please check the site for availability. This banjo is 3/8 threads to work with your vintage pressure gauge. If you want to use a modern gauge using 7/16 an additional adapter is needed."

banjo fitting for sale.jpg

Is this different fittings, or both sides of the same

These are mine. One with the adaptor. 😎
Both identical, just different sides.

l033o1.jpg

Check with Rob at the Scuba Museum. He has had used, NOS, and new manufacture models.

@1969ivan1

A word of warning - There are still some modern valves (pro-valves) that won't work...

Yeah I thought the longer recess was to clear the valve, with less to clear on the DH side

So a quick update. I put the banjo fitting on my vintage pressure gauge only yo realize that my banjo fitting wouldn't fit with the yolk on my Mistral regulator. After much hemming and hawing ( not really crazy that something I dive twice a year is such a PIA money pit). I realized I have a mid-sixties first stage with a longer yolk. After spending a bit of time trying to loosen a nut that hadn't been touch in fifty years, I swapped the yolks and put the new yolk on the DH and got the gauge on the tank and opened the valve.... Only to hear air escaping from the gauge hose (it didn't used to do that...)

Will a modern HP hose fit on a vintage Banjo fitting and gauge.

So a quick update. I put the banjo fitting on my vintage pressure gauge only yo realize that my banjo fitting wouldn't fit with the yolk on my Mistral regulator. After much hemming and hawing ( not really crazy that something I dive twice a year is such a PIA money pit). I realized I have a mid-sixties first stage with a longer yolk. After spending a bit of time trying to loosen a nut that hadn't been touch in fifty years, I swapped the yolks and put the new yolk on the DH and got the gauge on the tank and opened the valve.... Only to hear air escaping from the gauge hose (it didn't used to do that...)

Will a modern HP hose fit on a vintage Banjo fitting and gauge.
Yes, but you will need a 7/16"F to 3/8"M adaptofitting

Back
Top Bottom