Band for stage bottles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry... I meant the plastic wrap that covers the stainless stell hose clamps...

Thanks

Got some stuff from Reef SCUBA. Scrool about half way down the page and you'll see it. It works great.

GeronimoDF:
What do you guys use for the bands on your stage bottle? Where do you buy them?

I am lazy and just buy the pre-made Halcyon kits now. However, you can get the proper size rope at home depot, the hose clamps, fuel hose or similar hose for covering the line and the tire inner tubes for holding down the reg and covering the hose clamps at an auto parts store.

GeronimoDF:
Sorry... I meant the plastic wrap that covers the stainless stell hose clamps...
I use 5/8" heat shrink tubing shrunk over the strap of my hose clamps with the clamp portion itself inside a 1.5" in long piece 0f 3/4" vinyl tubing. The heat shrink keeps the different metals isolated and the vinyl tubing covers all the sharp and hard edges on the clamp and prevents the clamp from eating into the stage strap itself.

You can also get stage bottle kits from Salvo Diving:

http://salvodiving.com/stage_kits

I've purchased a few things from him, and been very happy with the quality and service.

Mark

Find a store that sells climbing equipment. It's tubular something . I just can't think of the name right now.

GeronimoDF:

Thanks

Dan Gibson:
Find a store that sells climbing equipment. It's tubular something . I just can't think of the name right now.
Dan,
I use "tubular webbing". I get it at REI. It's the same stuff sold in the Stage Kits from Halcyon.

b.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom