Banana drama

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crazy Banana Girls........

[c][/c]

Exactly. Superstition, belief in magic, etc is not only rediculous, it boarders on stupidity. We know much more about how the world works now....

Quit! Next thing you'll tell me there is no Santa Claus or Tooth Fairy. Have you ever broken a wish bone? I'm not sure what is more dangerous in this world, someone who believes in superstitions, or someone who decides what the rest of the world ought to believe.

Quit! Next thing you'll tell me there is no Santa Claus or Tooth Fairy. Have you ever broken a wish bone? I'm not sure what is more dangerous in this world, someone who believes in superstitions, or someone who decides what the rest of the world ought to believe.

Like Bananas are bad luck! I agree! :popcorn:

Oh, that part is right on; didn't anyone tell ya?

Larger popcorn...
food-smiley-007.gif

I think now I am the one that needs to ask you to reread the post and comprehend.....unless you have suddenly changed your mind.

So far the no-banana resolution - SUCCESS
now how about women?

Hypothetically, you bring a banana on a boat. The capt asks you to remove it before departure and tells you why he is asking. You don't and there is an incident. Would you feel at all responsible?

Hypothetically, you bring a banana on a boat. The capt asks you to remove it before departure and tells you why he is asking. You don't and there is an incident. Would you feel at all responsible?

Nope.

Exactly. Superstition, belief in magic, etc is not only rediculous, it boarders on stupidity. We know much more about how the world works now.

I agree. We know too much about the world to believe in things without any support or physical evidence. Just because it was passed down from generation to generation or written in a book somewhere doesn't make a superstition true.

Of course, if you prefer to call it faith instead of superstition, then you are intelligent for believing it, and anyone who doesn't is wrong...:confused:

As for the banana issue, I respect the Captain's wishes, though I would prefer he relay them in a respectful manner. I can roll my eyes at his beliefs, but that doesn't make them any less valid in his eyes, and it is his boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom