Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Erwin,

One more information needed. I was told by a friend that diving in Bali during September can be really cold. May I know how cold can it get and is 3mm wetsuit enough to keep warm. BTW, I will only be diving in Tulemben.

Cheers
Liang

Hi Liang, as far as I know, Tulamben never been so cold, the lowest temperature I've been is 27 degree (Centigrade). So full 3-mm wet suit would be enough. Only another area in South East or South Bali like Nusa Penida, Gili Tepekong or Gili Selang that the temperature can be as low as 22 degree.
Have a nice diving trip in Bali and don't hesitate to contact me

I got my OW certification with Bali Scuba a couple of weeks ago and had a great time. Simon is a very good instructor. When I went out for my first dive, I was surprised to meet Erwin who was doing his divemaster training! I'm glad he was there because he helped me out when I couldn't do simple things like get my BCD on!

Tulamben was great, even though I didn't get to dive the wreck since it's not suitable for OW training dives. Diving off Sanur was surprisingly nice...the visibility wasn't great, but there was lots to see!

Erwin

Is October too late to go diving in Indonesia - should I try to get there in September?

Yeah, I dove in the Perhentian Islands in Malaysia and Koh Tao in Thailand. The diving was INCREDIBLE in the Perhentians, just OK in Koh Tao.

Originally posted by anni
Erwin

Is October too late to go diving in Indonesia - should I try to get there in September?

Hi Anni,
October is not too late, at least as far as I know, in Bali. Some guys from Bunaken also mention that it's diveable all years. June, July and August is considered as the best months to see big fishes like Mola Mola, sometimes Whale Shark if you are lucky enough :)
My fellow divers just saw 2 big mola molas yesterday during a dive in Nusa Penida. On the second dive he encountered a very big manta ray swimming around him.
The visibility is worse when the wind get strong, but under 25 meter you still got the good viz.
So, where in Indonesia you plan to go diving?

Originally posted by Bfwolf
Yeah, I dove in the Perhentian Islands in Malaysia and Koh Tao in Thailand. The diving was INCREDIBLE in the Perhentians, just OK in Koh Tao.

Hi Brian, lucky you to have a chance to dive another good sites outside Indonesia. Waiting for your next trip to Bali. Just give me a call.

Originally posted by anni
Erwin

Hi, Anni... Bali is always good for diving in any seasons...
It is worth to dive here, Bali has a lot of nice dive sites
... Never too late to dive here in Bali...

Hengky:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom