Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by erwin.kodiat

Hi Brian, lucky you to have a chance to dive another good sites outside Indonesia. Waiting for your next trip to Bali. Just give me a call.

Hi... Erwin,
Perhentians...is sound good, when we gonna dive there ?

To: Brian... nice to hear you..again, Maybe Erwin and I should try to dive in Malaysia as well, see you some times...

Me and Erwin still finishing our Dive Master programs with Simon, still not finish yet. Just came back from the swimming pool, and did the Waterman...section...

Bye,

Hengky

I'll be going to Indonesia from Darwin in September/Oct and am very much a free agent - I haven't a clue where to go or dive which is why I've been following this board. I have some ideas now but still get confused when locations are mentioned and I have a hard job figuring out where exactly they are.
I will probably go to Bali and make an effort to go to some other part as well. I will either then go home to Ireland via Singapore or else go back to Darwin depending on time and money.

Hi Anni, I will suggest Bali, Komodo & Alor, Bunaken, Sangalaki and Kapoposang or Wakatobi (South Sulawesi). I've heard good story about those dive sites. I also heard that Irian Jaya has many good dive sites along with WWII wrecks (ship and plane).
I would suggest you to buy Diving Indonesia book and Diving Bali. I guess you could easily find those books in Darwin, it's worth reading and has many informations in it.

Hi seabass,
I haven't heard any news from you lately? Do you go to Bali? The cold water season just finished. Diving Bali on June & July will take you to the coldest water in the whole year.

seabass once bubbled...
I am going to be in bali in August, does anyone have any suggestions for resorts, huts, hotels or whatever to stay at during that time?

Hi seamonster,
I haven't dived Gilimanuk (Secret Bay), but as far as I know, it's good for photographer. If you want to have a dragonet picture then it's the place.
I don't have a dive shop, but a friend of mine who run one can give you better info, just contact Simon Gilbert. His dive shop has a trip to Gilimanuk (Secret Bay).

seamonster once bubbled...
Hey Erwin,
Have you dived at Gilimanuk Bay?Does your dive shop run dive trips there?

I am in singapore right now. I leave for Thailand Monday-Wednesday and then KL for the rest of the week. The following week I will be in bali, then Hong Kong and back to the US. I am not sure if I will be able to dive in Bali, we are staying in Kuta beach and as I understand it the diving is quite a bit aways. My fiance doesn't dive, so I don't want to make her come along as it might be painfully boring for her. Let me know if there are good diving opportunities closer in to Kuta beach

Hi seabass, if you don't want to go too far away then you can choose Nusa Penida which is only 40 minutes by boat from Sanur. You can ask your fiance to come along in the boat, maybe she can even do snorkeling.
Nusa Penida is one of the good dive site in Bali. You can go at 7:30 from your hotel at Kuta and come back again at 15:00 on the same day.
Contact my friend Simon Gilbert if you want to know more. He can arrange a trip for you.

Hi Erwin,

Just need to check on the condition around Tulemben. How cold is the water, is it ok to have just 3mm wetsuit??? How's the weather and visibility like??

Thanks

Liang

Generally Tulamben's water is 27-29 degree of Celcius, so 3mm full wet suit would be good. Now in Bali is the end of the windy months (July & August are very windy). Viz usually 10-20 meters.
When will you come here? I suggest you to have 2-3 days in Tulamben so you can explore all the beauty of Tulamben such as ship wreck, drop off, batu kelebit, paradise patch reef (coral garden). Especially for ship wreck which has sandy bottom, it's good to start diving there in the morning (8-9 AM), since more diver there means less visibility. Usually 1-day trip diver will arrive at Tulamben at 11 PM. Also Batu Kelebit, I suggest you to dive there early. Go by boat (jukung) at 8.00. You can easily book the jukung from any dive center there. So it's better to avoid it.
IIf you happen to visit Bali during the week end, I'll be more than glad to accompany you diving Tulamben.

Liang once bubbled...
Hi Erwin,

Just need to check on the condition around Tulemben. How cold is the water, is it ok to have just 3mm wetsuit??? How's the weather and visibility like??

Thanks

Liang

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom