Bali - Tulamben & Nusa Penida Recent sightings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jt5011

New
Reaction score
I will visit Bali in April and will do a couple of days diving in Tulamben and maybe Nusa Penida.

I would like to know if anyone has any information of interesting sightings recently like...

-critters in Tulamben. Any "resident" or unusal numbers of pygmy sea horses, frog fishes, ghost pipe fishes etc?

-big stuff in Nusa Penida, sharks recent sightings of Mola?

Thanks and happy diving!

Johan

Hi Johan,

The Liberty Wreck, Drop off reefs, or Batu kelebit in Tulamben is for sure allow yourself to be surprised. (pygmy sea horses, frog fishes, ghost pipe fishes are there)

For sharks, canyon visit Gili Mimpang, Gili Tepekong in Candi Dasa, and or visit Nusa Penida for mantas and sharks. (if you wish to see molas is better on August-September)

Enjoy your holiday and safe diving,

Yeap, Yadidoo just about covered it.

If you can hop over to Lombok, there's decent diving to be had. Or better yet, quit your job, move out there and dive all that Indonesia has to offer. It's great out there.

I was in Bali last week and dove the sites you mentioned. The critters are there in Tulamben. Just not alot. Saw one frog fish, one scorpion fish, one lion fish. No Mola Mola sighting while I was there. There were some white tips at Candidasa off of Eagles Nest but nothing too big. I would definatly recommend Nusa Penida. Great coral formations that stretchs forever at S.D and Malibu.

Mola Mola generally appear when the waters become very cold. That season is around September.

Tulamben, too many critters to go through. There are many kinds of nudibranchs around the lava rocks near mimpi resort.

Should be able to see the resident schooling jacks at Liberty Wreck.

Bali is big, many dive sites to visit each with its own specialty.

If you know the Pemutaran site well, you can find the Bobit Worm, Flaming Scallops also the Squid Eggs.

Then there is secret bay, then there is... the list just goes on and on. Periplus has a whole book in diving in Bali.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom