Bali - Candidasa / Padang Bai or Nusa Lembongan with family

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In the law of 2016 the word recreational diving is used. For deeper dives a certification for technical diving is needed. This law doesn' t go further into the rules (if any) for technical diving. An example not related to diving: a driver gives a ride to some people on the back up his pick-up truck. He crashes his car because of very bad road. Some of the people are killed in the accident. He went to jail for 5 years. Not allowed to have people at the back without helmets. Furthermore, all foreigners always have to be accompanied by a qualified Indonesian guide. Permenpar No. 7 Tahun 2016 tentang Pedoman Penyelenggaraan Wisata Selam Rekreasi [JDIH BPK RI]

Very interesting, thank you for sharing!

Learn something new everyday.

I think the TDI ANDP would be better as its 45m depth already.

Thanks for the tips!

I’m thinking of going to Truk Lagoon. Some of the wrecks are in deeper than 30m water, requiring technical diving certification.

If I’m on a recreational diving in Indonesia, I’ll watch my depth and keep it to < 40m from now on. I’ll be in Bali, cruising to Komodo & back to Bali in August. Will look for Mola Mola again while we are in Nusa Penida.

Back to the original post....
@UFOrb my kids are exactly the same ages (7 & 10)!!
Would love to hear how the open water course goes with your kid.
My only hesitation right now is that I can not find gear that fits the eldest....he's not exactly the biggest of 10yr olds!! And having a BCD flapping around your ears is not exactly the best way to learn or feel comfortable underwater.
We walked around the ADEX dive show here in Singapore and there was not one single BCD, reg set nor fins that were kid specific.

Have a great trip...this time next week I'll be in a van to Tulamben! Can not wait!
We ended up putting our 10yr old in the smallest travel back plate and wings we could find Along with the smallest tank we can hire. It seems to work well for him. He has very good trim and uses zero air so small tank is fine. the mini shadow fits well too, but if you can’t get that to work, i was able to get decent quality marks and snorkels for kids from Scuba Doctor. They are based in Melbourne, but you could check their site and then see if there are any local stockists for those products so you can check them out.

Back
Top Bottom