Bali opening?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, this thing is not user friendly. It took me 11 days to get my vaccination card approved by Indonesia Health Authorities (Kementerian Kesehatan RI). Enrolled it on 3rd of May & got it approved over the e-mail yesterday.
I got my approval e-mail late this evening, so it took 6 days for me. You weren't kidding that this thing is not user-friendly. The way the system reads on the Internet, they wanted people to submit for vaccination record approval, then download the Peduli Lindungi app and put in info., etc... I didn't know that, so I downloaded the app and registered an account in it first. I don't know whether that has any importance.

So I got my e-mail approval, opened the app and tried to claim my certification. App said I didn't have one. The instructions said for date put that of my first shot, but that doesn't work. Tried again with the date of my booster. No idea whether that helped, or it was there all along and I just stumbled across it in the app, but bottom line, it's in there, it's working, it shows the dates on my shots and I can generate the QR code.

P.S.: The approval letter had a link to 'Set Up Your Data At Peduli Lindungi.' I clicked it and...I'm guessing it's Indonesian language up top. After a bit of confusion, I learned just scroll down and there are instructions in English for what to do.

I just heard from my Liveaboard operator (Mermaid) that there is now no longer any predeparture PCR required to enter - yay! Somehow I always seem to just miss the cut off (was in Bali last weekend and still had to take PCR)
We are still waiting on the official law/decree to be published so it is not in effect, but President Jokowi announced it yesterday so should be official soon. Remember it takes a few more days for airlines to get the ducks in rows, so if you are flying super soon proceed with caution.

P.S.: The approval letter had a link to 'Set Up Your Data At Peduli Lindungi.' I clicked it and...I'm guessing it's Indonesian language up top. After a bit of confusion, I learned just scroll down and there are instructions in English for what to do.
Ya. Forgot to mention that in my earlier post. Sorry. I’m bilingual (Indonesian & English), so it didn’t register in my head the difficulty of English (only) speaking folks.

At least you get the QR code, 👍

I got my approval e-mail late this evening, so it took 6 days for me. You weren't kidding that this thing is not user-friendly. The way the system reads on the Internet, they wanted people to submit for vaccination record approval, then download the Peduli Lindungi app and put in info., etc... I didn't know that, so I downloaded the app and registered an account in it first. I don't know whether that has any importance.

So I got my e-mail approval, opened the app and tried to claim my certification. App said I didn't have one. The instructions said for date put that of my first shot, but that doesn't work. Tried again with the date of my booster. No idea whether that helped, or it was there all along and I just stumbled across it in the app, but bottom line, it's in there, it's working, it shows the dates on my shots and I can generate the QR code.

FWIW I did not download Peduli Lindungi app or verify my vaccination cert online before going last week - just printed out the paper copy and they checked it (along w pre departure test but that's falling away now), that's it. No one checked my covid insurance either.

FWIW I did not download Peduli Lindungi app or verify my vaccination cert online before going last week
Did you download and use it once there? It was my understanding it was often needful to use your phone to 'check in' when entering some public access establishments, such as restaurants.

Did you download and use it once there? It was my understanding it was often needful to use your phone to 'check in' when entering some public access establishments, such as restaurants.
I didn't even need it for my internal flight from Manado to Denpasar last month.

I install PL apps. Landed in Jakarta 2 weeks ago, scanned the QR code at arrival hall, then they directed me to bypass COVID documents checks.
PL apps is crucial in Jakarta, needed to enter mall, cinema, restaurants, gov buildings, hospitals ect.
In Bali, at least Kuta beachwalk will ask you to scan with PL.

Nope not at all
There was a sign at the airport telling you to download it but they told us not to bother cuz we didn’t have internet
Never saw any mention of it after that, none of the cafes or restaurants in Ubud asked for it

Nope not at all
There was a sign at the airport telling you to download it but they told us not to bother cuz we didn’t have internet
Never saw any mention of it after that, none of the cafes or restaurants in Ubud asked for it
That’s good to know.

Since I already have the QR code in my PL app, getting VoC would be smoother, bypassing COVID document checks, as mentioned by @Wisnu (below) without the need of carrying my vaccination cards and paper copies of them.

I install PL apps. Landed in Jakarta 2 weeks ago, scanned the QR code at arrival hall, then they directed me to bypass COVID documents checks.

Good news for vaccinated folks…no more departure PCRs anymore to get in.

The Indonesian COVID-19 task force spokesperson Wiku Adisasmito confirmed that the removal of the mandatory COVID-19 PCR and antigen tests for foreign and domestic travelers takes effect starting today, Wednesday, May 18.
👆 About time to hear this. No more worries about getting PCR test before leaving home.

I’ll be going to Cuba in a couple of weeks. They also stopped asking their guests to take Covid tests as long as we are fully vaccinated.

Hoping for USA to do the same soon for us going home.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom