Baggage Charges

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just went to St. Thomas for a week and flew from NC by US Air (usa). I first flew (by usa) to PA to get up with my traveling companion. When i checked in at NC usa, i asked if my luggage was ok and was assured all was fine.

Got to PA, spent one day there...and went to check in for the flight to St. Thomas. Got charged $80 for my luggage. When i told the usa counter rep i flew usa to get to PA with no charge, she just stammered not her problem.

Went on to St. Thomas did some great diving and when we left i asked TWO usa reps if my bag was ok...yep it was.

We flew back into PA (Harrisburg by the way) and I left for NC the next day. This time i didnt even get all the way up to the counter when the usa counter rep said really loud...that bag looks overweight. Another $80 charge.

I wrote and complained to the usa customer service and they apoligized and sent me (no money) a $160 voucher for my next trip with usa.

lesson learned.....pelican bags cause great attention...even tho they protect your gear....

I travel with my pelican bag at 66 pounds. I just make sure my dive gear is under the 70lb limit. US air of course charges for dive gear regardless of weight. And they just filed ch 11 this month.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom