Bag Drag Update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I travel alone and the drag is the way to go. I take the ADO from Cancun to Playa. The bus terminal is a shorter walk to the ferry than the XOXO where the taxis drop you off.

I did that back in 13 with no problems. This time I have some buddies coming along, so we got a private shuttle with ice-cold beer waiting for us. It is both of their first times out of the US. My devious scheme to addict two more of my best friends to Cozumel is already working...

Marianne and I did the bag drag from Cozumel to Cancun Airport yesterday and were going to take the ADO bus from Playa to the airport. We decided to try the shared taxi service from outside the bus terminal instead. We had to wait about 15 minutes while they looked for another rider for the taxi but there were no takers. We wound up having a taxi to CUN with just the two of us for 400 pesos. I would not expect that to happen again but it worked out well for us.

Just got back from PDC yesterday. As I was entering the ADO in PDC, several taxi drivers offered to bring me to the CUN airport for $200 MX. Sounds too good to be true. Has anyone ever used the drivers that hang out by the ferry or the ADO and try to get riders to take to CUN? I'm not talking about using a pre-arranged taxi like the one CVCheif and many others here have used. I mean a random taxi driver who makes an offer and you took it.

Just got back from PDC yesterday. As I was entering the ADO in PDC, several taxi drivers offered to bring me to the CUN airport for $200 MX. Sounds too good to be true. Has anyone ever used the drivers that hang out by the ferry or the ADO and try to get riders to take to CUN? I'm not talking about using a pre-arranged taxi like the one CVCheif and many others here have used. I mean a random taxi driver who makes an offer and you took it.
As soon as your bags are safely locked away, they'll tell you that they are leaving as soon as the van fills up. Might be five minutes, might be 30.

The last time I was there, we had a taxi driver offer some price, when we said we didn't have that much money just enough for the three of us to take the ADO, he said that he would do it what we had which was the ADO fare plus a few dollars more.

As soon as your bags are safely locked away, they'll tell you that they are leaving as soon as the van fills up. Might be five minutes, might be 30.

I have experienced this same thing in many countries and had a feeling this would be the case. I was thinking it would be good to ask if the ride was private or collectivo. In these cases, I often wait outside of the van until it's time to go, but that doesn't always work.

The last time I was there, we had a taxi driver offer some price, when we said we didn't have that much money just enough for the three of us to take the ADO, he said that he would do it what we had which was the ADO fare plus a few dollars more.

That's $624 MX + the few dollars more. Not a bad deal for the taxi driver at all.

That's when you immediately request your bags to be removed from the trunk. Better yet, they don't go in until the driver says you are leaving now.

About 3 years ago I was waiting at the ferry terminal before getting a cab to the airport. A taxi driver approached me and made me an offer. Cant remember exactly what the price was but was certainly cheaper than coming from airport to ferry terminal. Ride went without ant issues. Driver said was better to give me a deal than to drive back empty. Worked out for both of us.

I have had the same offer for a shared cab; 200 Pesos. A year or two ago I didnt feel like taking the bus and asked for a quote, it was 700 Peso's. I took the ride without issues, took around 40 minutes to T 3

About 3 years ago I was waiting at the ferry terminal before getting a cab to the airport. A taxi driver approached me and made me an offer. Cant remember exactly what the price was but was certainly cheaper than coming from airport to ferry terminal. Ride went without ant issues. Driver said was better to give me a deal than to drive back empty. Worked out for both of us.
That's the thing. The taxistas would rather give someone a cheap ride from PdC to CUN than to drive back empty. The going rate will vary depending on how many of them there are trying to do the same thing at the same time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom