Bag Drag Update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave Dillehay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
New Terminal 4 in Cancun. Southwest and it looks like a bunch of Canadian Airlines here, and many from Europe. The place is very nice and well equipped with all the junk you don't need to buy on the way back home.

The ADO bus from Playa Del Carmen makes it first stop now at terminal 4, took exactly 1 hour bus ride today. They drop off directly in front of the counters so not much distance to drag.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers..

PS On arrival there are two exits from immigration, one for family and friends, the other for ground transportation. IF you go out the wrong one it will be a long walk back. Oddly enough, when I came in here on Monday there was NO Customs check at all. NO red light/green light…nobody looked at any bags at all.

PS On arrival there are two exits from immigration, one for family and friends, the other for ground transportation. IF you go out the wrong one it will be a long walk back. Oddly enough, when I came in here on Monday there was NO Customs check at all. NO red light/green light…nobody looked at any bags at all.

Same when we came in there last September. They did have some tables where a few people were having bags inspected but a lady asked us if we were bringing in alcohol or tobacco, we said no, and she waved us on. No red/green light. As for those two exits, from what I remember the wrong one is the one straight ahead and catches your eye. The correct one is smaller and to the right just before the wrong one. So easy to make a mistake.

You just triggered a question. Do you know offhand how much alcohol is allowed to be brought in?

It was announced a bit more than a year ago, as part of a plan to improve traffic flow at high volume airports. It makes Cancun a great choice to fly into and especially if you can make a good MayaAir connection. Cancun airport officially eliminates customs forms, traffic light system - Riviera Maya News
I guess it may help a bit, but don't assume you are just gonna fly through. They are still grabbing people at random for bag checks. They pointed at me for a bag check the last time I went through T4 and all I had was dive gear.

I guess it may help a bit, but don't assume you are just gonna fly through. They are still grabbing people at random for bag checks. They pointed at me for a bag check the last time I went through T4 and all I had was dive gear.
Maybe you look suspicious....look anything like your avatar? I have always just breezed through, but I am a grey-haired, senior and the most contraband I am likely to be carrying would be some unavailable grocery thingy I need for cooking.

Maybe you look suspicious....look anything like your avatar? I have always just breezed through, but I am a grey-haired, senior and the most contraband I am likely to be carrying would be some unavailable grocery thingy I need for cooking.
They were bag checking a mid-30s couple and 50-60 year old guy while they were looking at mine. I don't think it has much to do with what you look like. I think it's part random and part "we x-rayed your bags and we can't figure out what some of the stuff is so we're gonna take a look".

They were bag checking a mid-30s couple and 50-60 year old guy while they were looking at mine. I don't think it has much to do with what you look like. I think it's part random and part "we x-rayed your bags and we can't figure out what some of the stuff is so we're gonna take a look".

Now I'm just picturing the guy from Old Boy walking through the Cancun Airport. Lol!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom