Bad experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diesel fumes make me sick, too. It's good to have a place to get away from them (like a fly-bridge if the captain will allow you up)....

I'm curious about sharkman's liveaboard experience. I've done 2 so far, and I've never had problems with the diesel fumes. Usually the boats are so big, there's plenty of room to get away from the engines. It's on the small cattle boats that it's really a problem.

On my AOW checkout dive, off West Palm, it wasn't very reassuring to see my Insrtuctor feeding the fish. Once we were in the water, everyone was fine. There are all sorts of conditions you'll dive in over time. Not all of them will be "fun" - but you'll have some stories to tell!!

Atticus once bubbled...

What's the warhammer manuever? Do I even want to know?

No. You really really REALLY dont want to know.

Trust me on this one.

Mark

I have no dive experience from which to to draw great knowledge and advice. However, when new to anything, always take those miserable experiences and learn from them. Use that knowledge. Move on. Laugh about it later.

:bang:

k4sdi once bubbled...

No. You really really REALLY dont want to know.

Trust me on this one.

Mark

Now I'm interested .. I just have to do a quick search,....

Oh dear,,.. I did search .. I did find .. I don't want to see that again .. never

Yeah, that was definitely a Bad Thing(tm)

And thus the legend of the Warhammer Manuever is passed to another generation of Scubaboarders...

diesel fumes to me :puke:

Anyway what really intrigues me is that I think this is the first time I have heard of someone doing o/w checkout dives from a boat....

Jonathan once bubbled...
diesel fumes to me :puke:

Anyway what really intrigues me is that I think this is the first time I have heard of someone doing o/w checkout dives from a boat....

Until I started teaching here in Central Florida I had never imagined doing checkout dives anywhere else other than a boat. I couldn't fathom that a diver could get a "real" education without having gone on a boat into salt water.

I guess it's all about what you're used to.

(I still worry that those who are certified and have never been in the ocean diving are in for a bit of a shock)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom