Back in the Water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trace !!!

Welcome back ! This is my first post in a year and a half . Such great news -- as we say way out west Back in the saddle again !

Eagerly anticipating your very informative posts

Your OLD friend
SAM
And Sam is back, too!

Glad you're back posting again and I wish you well in your continued recovery. Your story is infuriating. How can a hospital that close to the St Lawrence be so clueless? Mind boggling.

Trace !!!

Welcome back ! This is my first post in a year and a half . Such great news -- as we say way out west Back in the saddle again !

Eagerly anticipating your very informative posts

Your OLD friend
SAM
Sam, I am afraid that I don't pull off the eye patch as well as Jack O'Neill.

Attachments

• 1014211417.jpg
    1014211417.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 59
Now you have some classic Aerosmith playing in my head!
I think Sam may have been thinking more Gene Autry, but I might be wrong.

did they say why they didn't ring DAN
They gave me attitude from the moment I walked into the hospital. I went up to the ER desk and said that I was a diver and I'm pretty sure I just took a DCS hit. Right away, some girl told the staff I'm the guy that often dives alone at the wreck next to the hospital. She said, "See what happens when you dive alone." My reply was patient. I just said that solo diving is now allowed and I'm certified to solo dive and teach solo diving. I had been on my own emergency O2, but got off my bottle in the parking lot figuring they'd stick me on oxygen immediately. My bad. They had me wait out a chest X-ray without it. Then, they would only use a nasal cannula. I told them that was inadequate and that I needed a mask that would deliver O2 as close to 100% as possible without mixing with air. I asked them to call DAN. Silence. Bob Sherwood, GUE instructor came into the ER and the first thing he said was, "You're for sure bent and that nasal cannula isn't helping." We both tried to get them to provide correct care and to please call DAN. In hindsight, we should have phoned DAN and told them my P.A. is not listening to two scuba instructors of how to render first aid for DCS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom