Back in the Water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I might do that, but I discovered social media isn't healthy for me, so I'm going to leave SB like I did Facebook.
I can 100% understand FB as it absolutely sucks, but why SB?

I can 100% understand FB as it absolutely sucks, but why SB?
I don't quite understand why interacting with others in person and online has become draining, but something must have happened to my brain or coping mechanisms, either from the injury itself or during the 2+ years it took to recover my ability to get back to living. Maybe I'll just take some time and see if my attitude improves.

I don't quite understand why interacting with others in person and online has become draining, but something must have happened to my brain or coping mechanisms, either from the injury itself or during the 2+ years it took to recover my ability to get back to living. Maybe I'll just take some time and see if my attitude improves.
Obviously your health and well being should 100% come 1st.

Do what you need to do to be safe and whole. I'm glad you are back in the water in some way and exploring that.

I don't quite understand why interacting with others in person and online has become draining, but something must have happened to my brain or coping mechanisms, either from the injury itself or during the 2+ years it took to recover my ability to get back to living.
Sometimes things change after a big trauma. Many years ago, I read where Country Music star Barbara Mandrell said prior to a car wreck (with a severe concussion per Wikipedia), she'd like to read, but afterward, somehow that just wasn't the case anymore. Even though she went back to recording and performing. My point is, there's a lot to the physiological underpinnings of our personal qualities that we still don't know that well.

And your underpinnings took a major blow! Not to mention the psychological and social aspects. Just as some people have trouble adjusting to retirement, your daily living routine took a major hit, too.

I hope things keep improving for you. A scary reminder we're all vulnerable to 'one bad day.'

Richard.

Be well, sir. Thank you for stopping in even for a moment to say hello. I wish you the best in whatever you choose to do.

I discovered social media isn't healthy for me, so I'm going to leave SB like I did Facebook.

Great move these places take far more than they give

Best use your energy constructively, good luck in your particular place of hell

@Trace Malinowski - Just finding this thread now and disappointed to hear about your care. Hope the surgery goes/went well.

If anyone finds themselves in a similar situation where they feel like a PA (or nurse practitioner) in the ED isn't doing the right thing, you can always ask to have their attending physician see you as well and you can explain things to them. An emergency medicine residency covers the basics of diving emergencies (DCS, AGE, barotrauma, etc.) so the emergency physician should be more knowledgeable than the PA/NP.

Back
Top Bottom